Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Found it an odd film,the camera is right in the face of the two main characters,and one minute the sceneary is utter devastation,and the next shot its pristine landscape,theres no serious war action,in one bewildering scene the road is blocked by a single tree. Pristine pasture to the left of the tree but the driver drives off the road down into a mud hole to the right of the tree,continuity left a lot to the immagination.

4/10

House with Will Ferral,  mad but funny.  :hihi:

Hellboy (2019) - decent enough cast and plot, I found the pace relentless - it wasn’t fast it was just monotonous, there wasn’t enough of a pause to give a toss about any of the characters or give the story a bit more depth. Not as good as the previous two. 6/10

The Impossible   8/10

The incredible and emotional true story of a family caught up in the 2004 tsunami...

John Wick 3. A remarkably well preserved middle aged cast kick ass and kill lots of people with a lot of bullets. Good fun. 7.5/10

Shadow  8.5/10

If anyone likes Chinese period films, you'll love this one.

1917 - 8.5/10

When I heard about the 'single' take filming of 1917 it sounds unnecessary and more like showing off but I must admit it does help pull you into the action and the tension as the story takes you from muddy British trenches, across No Man's Land, into German trenches and the landscape beyond. Great soundtrack too, will have to listen to that one again.

'71   7/10

A gritty, hard hitting film about a young British soldier serving during the troubles in Belfast.
Partly filmed at Park Hill Flats, its a great performance from Jack O'Connell, despite only speaking 342 words!

Shazam! Superhero thing aimed at kids a bit more than most - in my opinion anyway - which is no bad thing. Not bad. 6/10

Little Women. A long film which told the story well but was forgettable to  me. Not a massive fan of classic books 6.5/ 10. Nice night out with my daughter made it worth while.