Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I "babysit" an elderly relative a couple days a week, and he likes to watch old movies.  So I watch with him.

I've gained a new appreciation for W.C. Fields.  Amazing how some of his stuff is still funny after more than 80 years.  Not to mention old movies are fascinating to me looking at prices in stores and restaurants, what people wore, (people were much better dressed back then) old cars, furniture, etc. 

The Favourite 4/10 - I'm sure it's all really clever.  But it's also mostly quite boring and I don't really understand if there was a point or not.

Dolores Claiborne 8/10 

A very, very well acted thriller / drama. Next to Carrie, this is probably the best Stephen King adaptation that I've seen.

Rampant - 7/10

Korean historical zombie movie, set during the Joseon Dynasty (somewhere around the 18th Century) in which a prince returns from China to find his homeland has been struck by a plague of 'demons' that threatens to destroy the kingdom.

Not quite up to the levels of greatness as Train To Busan but still pretty enjoyable once they get the historical drama bit out of the way and unleashed the zombies.

On 27/01/2019 at 16:11, Sierra said:

I "babysit" an elderly relative a couple days a week, and he likes to watch old movies.  So I watch with him.

I've gained a new appreciation for W.C. Fields.  Amazing how some of his stuff is still funny after more than 80 years.  Not to mention old movies are fascinating to me looking at prices in stores and restaurants, what people wore, (people were much better dressed back then) old cars, furniture, etc. 

WC Fields was way ahead of his time; I am sure the Monty Python gang would agree on that. One of my favourites is, he walks into a bar and says to the barmaid " Hello there, you are looking better everyday", she smiles sheepishly, then he says, " Bet you can't wait for tomorrow eh?" Then the girl looks confused   lol.

Saw "Glass" last night.  Thought it was an excellent film & really enjoyed it.  8.5/10

How to train your dragon 3 - Not as good as the 1st one, but not terrible, 5/10

Going to see Alita: Battle Angel later, I'm really looking forwards to this one.

Greenbook  8.5/10

Didn't expect this to be as enjoyable as it turned out to be.

Marhashala Ali has got to be the next big non white hollywood star- so watchable and talented.

Battle Angel - 7/10 - really quite good, enough action, enough plot.

On 10/02/2019 at 17:05, Cyclone said:

Battle Angel - 7/10 - really quite good, enough action, enough plot.

I really want to watch this but getting the time is almost impossible, Alita looks incredible, there is a video on Youtube that shows a split screen with the finished article on one side and the actual scene with the actress complete with black suit covered in dots and face covered with dots and a strange twin camera setup that points at her face, very interesting indeed.

Bad Samaritan   7/10

I didnt expect much from this but it was a lot better than I thought it would be.
David Tennant and Robert Sheehan are great, the writing and plot are pretty good too.
I enjoyed it. 

Cold Pursuit - 4/10 - kind of tarantinoesque, some action, some slight funnies, but quite a lot of plot holes.