Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

The Man With The Iron Heart , 2017, 5/10

The first half of the movie is rise of Reinhard Heydrich through the SS ranks.

Second part is story of the Jan Kubis and Jozef Gabcik, story of assassination of Heydrich.

That's exactly the problem here. By trying two make 2 movies out of one, both stories are watered down and weak. Watch Operation Anthropoid from 2016 instead.

Anthropoid is an excellent film.

Watched The Thing (1981/2). Carpenter film

Must be the umpteenth time I’ve watched it. What a film ! Much emulated concept a la Alien, but I love this film, I’d forgotten just how good it is

10/10

Watched The Thing (1981/2). Carpenter film

Must be the umpteenth time I’ve watched it. What a film ! Much emulated concept a la Alien, but I love this film, I’d forgotten just how good it is

10/10

It's still an incredible film.

Star wars the force awakens 7/10- decent enough but like the force awakens I wasn't overly impressed with the light saber fights compared to the prequels

The Resident (2011) 8/10

Really good film with some great acting. Im probably a bit biased tho as I am quite partial to Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

The Posiedon Adventure - 6.5/10 - Hokey 70's disaster movie with an all star cast, one of the better of a series of these type of films that appeared in that decade.

2 great actors, one great director and one terrific film American Gangster 10/10. And it is mostly all true.

I just watched OCTOPUSSY (1983) on VHS :)

EXCELLENT!!

Jumanji:Welcome to the Jungle 8/10 - It's funny, and silly

SW VIII The Last Jedi. 7/10, plus 1 for production values/fan servicing (:D). Better than VII, but not worth the "2nd best SW movie" hype IMHO. Perhaps it will grow on me through rewatchs over the years.

Wind River (2017). 8/10. Solid thriller with Jeremy Renner, very good cinematography. Not quite on Sicario-esque levels of cinematographic prowess, but surprisingly not far.

Madame (2017). 7/10. Vaudeville farce with Harvey Keitel, similar(-ish) to Le Diner de Cons, with some truly belly-laugh-out-loud funny set pieces and dialogues. A little film probably no-one has heard of, but very worth its 1h30 (just like Burnt (2015) with Bradley Cooper, Sienna Miller and Daniel Brühl - but which is much better, gave it a solid 8 IIRC - EDIT: indeed I did :)).

Un + Une (2015). 6/10. Bittersweet romantic/character study-type film set in India, with a stellar cast (Jean Dujardin, Elsa Zylberstein, Christophe Lambert). Some magically-filmed scenes, but a tad slow in places. Worth the watch for a solid performance by Dujardin, and to realise how old you are, if the last time you saw Christophe Lambert onscreen was in Highlander or Greystokes!

Geostorm (2017). 4/10. Popcorn muncher, but just meh, there's much better in the genre, e.g. Armageddon, 2012.

Edited by L00b

Magnum Force 1973, 10/10

Watched probably 30 times during the years and I am ready for at least 30 times more.

"Man's got to know his limitations", Clint is the legend!

Magnum Force 1973, 10/10

Watched probably 30 times during the years and I am ready for at least 30 times more.

"Man's got to know his limitations", Clint is the legend!

:thumbsup:" Excuse me Captain, but can you fly?" LOL