Rate the last film that you've seen - part two

The Disaster Artist 9/10 Hugely enjoyable, both hilarious and touching. James Franco is superb as Tommy Wiseau, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an Oscar nomination.

The man who would be king 1975. Superb film directed by John Houston and starring Michael Caine and Sean Connery as two rascally former soldiers in Victorian India who travel to an obscure part of Afghanistan to loot the country.

The man who would be king 1975. Superb film directed by John Houston and starring Michael Caine and Sean Connery as two rascally former soldiers in Victorian India who travel to an obscure part of Afghanistan to loot the country.

Enjoyed this one too,watched John Wick last night,ok if nothing else on 6/10.

Man on Fire 9/10

Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Radha Mitchell, Christopher Walken

A drunk ex CIA operative gets a job as a bodyguard for a young girl in Mexico City... things go wrong so Señor Creasy gets to work!

Better Watch Out 7/10

A good Christmas comedy horror, home invasion with a twist.

Levi Miller is a great young actor.

Get Out - 7.5/10 - Horror with a bit of a twist, enjoyed this one.

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 22:30 ----------

Day of Anger - 6/10 - Quite a revered non Leone Spaghetti Western but I found it a little corny and lacking in character development. Decent score and always good to see Lee Van Cleef in a film.

Better Watch Out 7/10

A good Christmas comedy horror, home invasion with a twist.

Levi Miller is a great young actor.

Yes, great twist and much better than I thought it would be.

The Foreigner 8/10

Good old Jackie Chan still showing he can cut it with the best when it comes to action- whilst in his 60s!

However I did like the fact he shows he has aged and isn't going to be jumping of high buildings or doing what now would seem almost impossible given those battered bones.

Anyway, film is solid- goes back to the IRA days (sort of). Chan is a mild mannered restaurant operator who loses his daughter (in a bomb) and just wants answers. To get those answers he leaves no stone unturned..

I perhaps wrote in part one of this thread, but my answer is still the same - "Close encounters of the 3rd kind" was the last film I went to see at a cinema.

As an aside, the news has just confirmed that the latest Star Wars film has been released...and I've never seen any of 'em!

I did try and watch one on TV a few years ago, but soon realised that I'd absolutely no idea what it was about, so gave up!

The Last Jedi - 6.5/10

Too many faults to overlook to be considered anything more than mildly entertaining.

---------- Post added 16-12-2017 at 16:35 ----------

The Foreigner - 8/10

Pretty good revenge thriller starring Jackie Chan and Piers Brosnan about the father of a woman killed in a bomb attack by a rogue IRA cell who put pressure on an ex-terrorist turned politician to reveal who murdered his daughter.

Very little of Jackie Chan's usual choreographed fight scenes and comedic acrobatics. This is played very straight, no comedy at all, and feels quite old-school and is all the better for it IMO.

I was tempted to watch ' Mariah Carey, a Christmas Melody ' and rate that. But then I thought, No.