Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I remember this movie! My sisters and I watched it on TV as children. They used to have Movies of the Week/End that were produced especially for
. Some of them weren't that great, but some were excellent. I remember being annoyed because my father wanted to watch this (we only had one color TV in our house at the time, and my dad usually got first dibs on what we watched) but as the story unfolded it totally drew me in.

The husband and I recently watched

. Abbie Cornish did a good job with the Texas accent and with the spanish. 7.5/10

I babysat for some younger relatives and was forced to watch

. I was expecting to be bored but it was actually pretty good. 8/10.

Angelina Jolie said that she never intended to use her own daughter in the movie, but every child they tried screamed and cried or ran away from her in that scary costume. The only kid not afraid of her was her own kid.

Funny you should mention ABC movie of the week as I was in one briefly called Bluffing It , I think 1987 this was also starring Dennis Weaver, who I chatted with as he celebrated his 60th birthday on set. Our steelworks in Toronto were used in some scenes and they did 2 days of shooting at our works. I was trying to find the movie by googling it but alas it is nowhere to be found, apart from one scene This is how I came across Duel which I had seen all those years ago in England, so I watched the whole thing on You Tube.

Edited by TORONTONY

Lone Survivor - 7/10 - Based on true events Mark Wahlberg plays Marcus Lutrell a soldier on a combat mission in Afghanistan that goes disastrously wrong. A bit too gung-ho at the start but settles into an action packed and quite brutal war film.

The Accountant - 8/10 - actually very good, better than I expected.

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 21:25 ----------

The first one or the new one Cy?

I enjoyed the first one as a watchable but ultimately flawed and forgettable action film but I haven't seen the latest.

The books are ok airport fluff. Kind of like Andy McNab's stripped of the (sometimes tedious) detail. However Reacher is an obnoxious thug IMHO.

The new one, it's much worse than the first one IMO.

The Accountant - 8/10 - actually very good, better than I expected.

---------- Post added 10-11-2016 at 21:25 ----------

The new one, it's much worse than the first one IMO.

didn't know it was remake

didn't know it was remake

I think Cyclone is talking about the Jack Reacher film, its the second in a series.

I think Cyclone is talking about the Jack Reacher film, its the second in a series.

ok well id have to agree with that

Yes, that was a reply to the question about "Jack Reacher 2: Shouldn't have bothered".

The accountant is not a remake or a sequel (and is much better than JR2).

The Revenant - 8/10 - Intense, gruesome, great scenery. Good film.

Lone Survivor - 7/10 - Based on true events Mark Wahlberg plays Marcus Lutrell a soldier on a combat mission in Afghanistan that goes disastrously wrong. A bit too gung-ho at the start but settles into an action packed and quite brutal war film.

Seen it but thought 5/10. I never take these Hollywood "based on true events" films seriously.

Seen it but thought 5/10. I never take these Hollywood "based on true events" films seriously.

Whether it's true or not is by the by, I thought it was a good (and different) film.

---------- Post added 12-11-2016 at 22:54 ----------

The Grey Zone - 6.5/10 - Covers very similar ground to the more recent Son Of Saul, not as good as that film but still effective.