Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Sausage Party 0/10 - atrocious rubbish, not funny, I would have left if my OH hadn't been chuckling away to it.

I think I'd like to see this. I've seen the bullet holes in the church where the assassins were cornered by the SS, it made it all seem very recent and real. There is a debate going on in the Czech Republic about where the two assassins are buried; they are currently in unmarked graves and many people want them to be properly commemorated which I think is right. The Nazis have to take responsibility for their own actions, they shouldn't be blamed on others.

I think they ought to be commemorated as well, despite my doubts about the wisdom of the operation (the decision to assassinate Heydrich was taken by the Czech government in exile and also by the British government, not by the two assassins, although my understanding is that they volunteered for the operation).

We should also remember the brave Czech and Slovak pilots who (along with the Polish 303 squadron) made a major contribution to the battle of Britain. I remember speaking to a guy in Prague some years who said that these pilots were not given the recognition they deserved (during the communist period, they were virtually ignored and some Czech who fought for the British were, soon after the war, put in jail for being spies etc).

I Am Wrath 6/10 Death Wish franchise meets the Taken franchise lol

'Mallrats' and ' Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back ', 9 out of 10 for both:D

Anthropoid - 9/10

Very powerful film. Nobody moved in the cinema screening for about 20 seconds after the film ended, I think we all needed to take a few breaths to recover.

The Intern 8/10

A very sweet film and i cried for about 40% of its duration..

Star Trek Beyond - 8.5/10

A big improvement on Star Trek 2.2: The Re-wrath Of Benedict Khanerbatch. Still got a very silly ending but it gets away with it because this one was just more fun with better jokes for Scotty (not surprising since he wrote them) and lots more screen time and quips for McCoy.

Star Trek Beyond has so many plot holes, I don't know why Trekkies weren't boycotting the cinemas in protest.

I'd give it 6.5 / 10.

The special effects were very good, and JJ starts the film off in his unique style (with a big lens flare), but:

(spoilers ahead)

1) How did Uhura and Sulu manage to escape Krall's soldiers not once, but twice? Does Krall have hundreds of thousands of pilots to fly his spaceships (two pilots to a spaceship) but less than ten soldiers on active guard duty at any one time?

2) How did Uhura manage to escape Krall and Manas a third time, only to reappear minutes later to club them over the head with a rock to save one of the starfleet staff?

3) Were only 40 staff from the Enterprise left alive to beam back to the USS Franklin?

4) How did 20th Century rock music cause the near-invincible enemy spaceships to combust? Scramble their electronic systems, yes. But self-destruct?

5) There's no way pretty-boy Captain Kirk would beat Krall (a battle-hardened soldier) in a fistfight.

Creed - 8/10 - Good addition to the Rocky universe and probably the best of the series since the '76 original.

Good Kill - 8/10 - A drone 'pilot' struggles to come to terms with his job and the way it affects him and his home life.

Cobain - Montage of Heck 8/10

Surreal authorised documentary about the life, and ultimate death of Kurt Cobain. Contains a lot of his handwritten notes, drawings and also a lot of unseen footage. Really interesting.