Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

5 hours ago, tinfoilhat said:

Snowpiercer. “It’s got him out of captain America in it”. “Go on then.”  Imagine polar express, crossed with judge dredd, crossed with day after tomorrow, crossed with - wait for it - acorn antiques, crossed with about a kilo of crack. A pretty depressing ending but far from obvious. 7/10

Acorn Antiques? Tilda Swinton's hair?

Great film. You could also have said crossed with Hunger Games.

5 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Acorn Antiques? Tilda Swinton's hair?

Great film. You could also have said crossed with Hunger Games.

All of tilda swinton actually. A bit bonkers but an unexpected treat.

Watched the very sweary (too sweary and I think swearing is both big and clever) Deadpool 2. Utterly predictable but very enjoyable. 8/10

Possum 7/10

A really weird film - a sort of cross between a Public Information Film from the 1970s, The Babadook, and Cronenberg's Spider.

The production design, soundtrack (by The BBC's Radiophonic Workshop!), and acting are out of this world. It's not bloody or violent, but it really creeped me out. The only downside is that it's very slow moving.

Edited by Mister M

Bundy and the Green River Killer   5/10

It is quite accurate to the true story, so its interesting (if somewhat predictable if you know about the case) but I thought the acting was awful in places.
The actor playing Bundy actually looked more like Freddie Mercury!

The Canal   7.5/10

This is a really good film, its beautifully shot and genuinely creepy in places. The few violent bits are well placed and actually quite frightening, rather than just there for the sake of it like some films.
The lead actor (Rupert Evans) is great, really believable. and the little boy is fab!

The Canal Poster

Edited by nikki-red

Mayhem  6/10

Ive just watched this and quite enjoyed it.

Its entertaining, fast paced and extremely violent.

The only thing I will say is towards the end it gets so focused on the violence that it seems to lose its way slightly.

Worth a watch if you like blood and gory fight scenes!

Mayhem Poster

John Wick Chapter 3: Parabellum - 9/10

I wasn't really a fan of John Wick 2 so was a bit hesitant about seeing a third outing given the law of diminishing returns... but I'm happy to say I couldn't have been more wrong. This delivers the action of the first film and then some and has some fantastic martial arts scenes (as it should since they seem to have drafted in half the cast of The Raid and The Raid 2 for the fight scenes). And then there are those dogs... Woah.

Brightburn 7.5/10

A take on Superman- baby crash lands on earth, gets adopted by infertile couple, grows up on farm- and learns that he is not like mankind.. but that is where the similarities with the Man of Steel end.

Then it takes a hard left turn and the movie is really on its own- sinister!

Upgrade. Another dystopian future job involving putting technology into humans. Pretty much an unknown cast apart from Logan Marshall green who I'm sure I've seen somewhere. Well paced, not over long, but quirky enough. I read somewhere as it being like a feature length Black Mirror and I would agree with that 8/10

Avengers - End Game , predictable but enjoyable in the VIP  suite. 8.5/10

John Wick 3 - nothing missing that i wanted and some good new stunts 8.5/10 - (would have been 9 but Halle Berry was in it).

Beneath Us - very good viewing, couldn't believe the woman was the princess in John Carter. 8/10

Upgrade - 3/10

Forgot the Zac Effron - Ted Bundy film ; Wickedly Vile - 6/10. John Malkovich was brilliant.

Edited by willman

Aladdin  5.5/10

Colourful and some good CGI but just lacks something-and it's called acting.

Will Smith as the Genie is a bit hit and miss, not sure if this will add to his career-just does not seem right him playing these type of roles.

John Wick 3 - excellent, really enjoyable action film, 8/10