Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I think it's one of those films that most seem to like apart from me. Same as The Shawshank Redemption, which with the Green Mile shares the same writer and director - the film did nothing for me.

Hmmph.

The only people who don't "get" films like Shawshank and Green Mile are teenage boys who've grown up knowing nothing of movies except for Michael Bay films consisting of scantily clad girls, big explosions and transforming robots

:|

I think it's one of those films that most seem to like apart from me. Same as The Shawshank Redemption, which with the Green Mile shares the same writer and director - the film did nothing for me.

yup, just you ;)

Hmmph.

The only people who don't "get" films like Shawshank and Green Mile are teenage boys who've grown up knowing nothing of movies except for Michael Bay films consisting of scantily clad girls, big explosions and transforming robots

:|

Well Michael Bay starting directing films long after I was legally allowed to watch such films; and big explosions, transforming robots and scantily clad girls don't float my boat!

Well Michael Bay starting directing films long after I was legally allowed to watch such films; and big explosions, transforming robots and scantily clad girls don't float my boat!

Green Mile and Shawshank are great films but if anybody can recommend anything with the above content I'm on it :hihi:

Funnily enough but I thought the same about Shawshank Redemption . I found it boring

---------- Post added 04-04-2018 at 23:03 ----------

Green Mile and Shawshank are great films but if anybody can recommend anything with the above content I'm on it :hihi:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Wonder Women. Gal Gadot is gorgeous. To fair I'd watched most of fast and furious films with a glazed look on my face so it didn't really sink in she was in it (or anyone else apart from a lot of greased up bald men - but I digress). Acting, welllll, she sort of grew into a bit guess - better than I thought she'd be but meryl Streep isn't going to have any sleepless nights. Chris Pine was pretty good - albeit very much in a Capt Kirk sort of way. The rest of her motley crew were all a bit cliched - well very cliched. At one point <<spoiler>> near a castle I thought I was watching Top Secret but with the very lovely Gal rather than Val Kilmer.

But it was slow, glacially slow. I thought we'd spent an hour on milf island setting the scene and it was only 20 minutes - the pace didn't improve as it went along. I liked the back to past thing though and made it less reliant on technical whiz-bang. Lots of Gal doing stuff in slow mo, maybe that slowed it down. The big fight at the end after the big "twist" (which most people not asleep would have spotted very early on) was reminiscent of the one in batman vs superman. Lots of huge explosion and craters - too much really. But it killed 2 and bit hours, even though it felt like 6. I reckon Gal could do more with better scripts. 6/10

Logan Lucky, a 2017 heist type comedy. 6/10

OK, but I found it difficult to hear the dialogue with the regional drawl the characters had. The side story was a bit too much "Little Miss Sunshine" for me.

Best performance in the movie was Daniel Craig's, especially the bomb scene!

Logan Lucky, a 2017 heist type comedy. 6/10

OK, but I found it difficult to hear the dialogue with the regional drawl the characters had. The side story was a bit too much "Little Miss Sunshine" for me.

Best performance in the movie was Daniel Craig's, especially the bomb scene!

I'd give it an 8/10. Didn't have any problem hearing the dialogue, quite funny throughout. First time I've seen Adam Driver in anything other than Star Wars and I think he put in a much better acted performance.

I'd give it an 8/10. Didn't have any problem hearing the dialogue, quite funny throughout. First time I've seen Adam Driver in anything other than Star Wars and I think he put in a much better acted performance.

Watch Midnight Special.

The shape of water - by what standards this movie get more oscars before awesome three billboards outside ebbing missouri?

I am aware that racism, religious fanatics and other nasty things are issues in today's society, but why every movie that deals with those problems have to be Oscar winner in most categories?

What happened with entertainment factor in the movies, maybe I am getting old, maybe I am getting stupid, but there is overload of movies like that in last 2 years and they have instant rewards treatment.

After amazing Three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri I was expecting something even better judging by the number of rewards, and I got slow and boring anti totalitarian metaphor with social commentary attached to it, I couldn't wait the movie to end.

Don't get me wrong, I don't support any of nasty things mentioned above, and I am fully aware of danger they represent, but, seriously, this movie was undeserving Best Picture Oscar.

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies: 8/10. The title alone is enough to make Jane Austen purists froth at the mouth with indignation, which was probably the intent of the writers. I love the book but I also loved this witty dovetailing of 2 very different genres- costume drama and horror. It remains faithful to the original story with the characters and many of the lines remaining intact although some have been adapted to fit in with the story line. England is threatened by a plague of zombies, the result of a nasty infection brought in by the merchant ships; a sort of extreme version of the bubonic plague. England's only hope lies in the shape of the dashing but proud Captain Darcy and the spirited Elizabeth Bennett, who along with her sisters, has been sent to China to learn martial arts. The charming but wicked Mr Wickham is the villain and Matt Smith does a great comedy turn as the unctuous Mr Collins. Those of a nervous disposition need not worry; the thought of our capital city being overrun by murderous, de-humanized abominations of humanity is so far fetched, I'm sure it couldn't possibly ever happen.

Spectre..what a bag of toss