Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

The Gangster, The Cop, The Devil - 7/10

Korean thriller in which a cop who believes there is a serial killer on the loose, staging minor accidents in order to get his victims out of their cars, and a crime gang boss who is attacked by the serial killer but survives join forces to track down the killer. The only condition to this cooperation is that whoever finds him first gets to deal with him their way.

Entertaining, violent, bloody and just the right side of silly.

Inglourious Basterds. Solid 9/10 with an amazing ending

Contagion....7/10...  Well.... :hihi:

Enjoyed it for its accuracy considering what's going on now but a vaccine in that time frame...........................

Thought Jude Law was miscast but I had almost finished a bottle of homemade Blueberry wine so forgive him!

Motherless Brooklyn

In 1950s New York, a lonely private detective afflicted with Tourette's Syndrome ventures to solve the murder of his mentor and only friend.

Starts off well and looks so  promising, but then peters out and goes on for a whole 144 minutes in total, which while watching it appears a lot looooonger into any other detective gum shoe type film.

I'm no Great sleuth but even I had worked the punch line out within the first 15 / 20 minutes.

Excellent filming that has you back in 1950's run down Brooklyn with Great 1940's and 50's American Automobiles for those petrol heads out there. (I'll have a Oldsmobile Rocket 88 please)

Probably worth watching, but don't expect any thing too great out of it.

I'm giving it a Generous 7/10

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

Pal Joey. Seen it once but with Sinatra singing how could I miss it ?

Elvis in King Creole,  not a great actor as he as admitted in the past,  but did well in this film the other for me was Jailhouse rock,  all the others he made were a bit cheezy,  (spelt with a Z,)  just my opinion Elvis fans. :hihi:

48 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Elvis in King Creole,  not a great actor as he as admitted in the past,  but did well in this film the other for me was Jailhouse rock,  all the others he made were a bit cheezy,  (spelt with a Z,)  just my opinion Elvis fans. :hihi:

I can remember going to watch Elvis (the two of them) in 'kissin Cousins' many years ago in a delipidated (looked like a giant Anderson shelter) Cinema at Chapel St Leonards many years ago.

Happy Daze.

Avengers: infinity wars and End Game. 

Watched over a couple of days, you've got to admire the sheer scale of it, it was epic. But it did drag, the second one was three hours. Good battles, a few decent one liners (hemsworth was the standout) but it made sense to draw a line under it. 8/10

Spiderman: far from home. Teen drama. I'm too old for it, Aunt May was the highlight for me. 5/10

Timmy Failure.

(mistakes were made)

PG.

looking for a film for the whole Family ? - this is the one.

A young boy (Detective) and his imaginary 1.500lb Polar Bear. 

Me & HTSBO haven't turned Sea Lion, 

if the Grandkids are ever allowed back at ours we'll sit down and watch it with them one day.

Saying that by the time this Cori V thing is over they might be old enough to sit down & watch it with their own Grandkids.

Any way back on with the revue.

Looking for something with excellent Innocent Humour throughout and no real Violence but Fully Enjoyable?

well this is the Film for You.

Well filmed and it isn't just the one liners that have you laughing.

I'm gona give this a generous 8 1/2 out of 10 loved it.

( PG - I phoned mi Mam up & she said I was alright to watch it)

Steve Jobs. Definitely worth a watch...it's on Netflix.

Silicon Cowboys, about the start up and eventual end of Compaq, is an interesting documentary, also on Netflix.

Day of the Jackal  -  7/10

Watched two films today because I've been on my own so I can.

Lucy - Scarlett Johannson can turn any dogs dinner of a movie into a decent film. Add Morgan Freeman and you get a fun bit of sci-fi shoot 'em up.

What we do in the Shadows - been watching the series so thought I'd look at the original film. Great fun again and Taika Waititi has gone on to become a big name.