Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Radioactive 

Marie Curie.

A little bit of a strange one, but saying that glad we watched it.

It does give an insight into what her and her Husband were doing.

There is intrigue throughout but it miss's something at the same time.

You would probably be better off giving it a miss and read about her on Wikipedia instead.

Sorry - enjoyable enough but 6/10

So today (up to now) Ive watched...

The Lodge   7.5/10

This was a really good film. 2 kids get snowed in with their future Step-Mum and strange things start happening.
It didn't go the way I expected at all, its clever, original, and well acted.

Pans Labyrinth   9/10

One of my favourites. Its an extraordinary film. Just stunning. Love it.

M.O.M Mothers of Monsters   7/10

Despite the awful title its actually a good film. 
A single Mum convinced that her teenage son is a psychopath and is heading for something terrible takes matters into her own hands.
Gripping with great performances from the main characters.

Samurai Marathon  8/10

Inspired by real life races that are held in Japan today- the Ankara clan Lord decides to propose a 36 mile race in order to get his men in shape after a long period of peace.

Amongst the samurai is a mole (Ninja) who has to decide where his loyalty lies when the Shogun invade the village.

17 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Pans Labyrinth   9/10

One of my favourites. Its an extraordinary film. Just stunning. Love it.

I'm with you on that one Nikki 

Someone lent it me ages ago on DVD and told me I HAD to watch it  - boy was he right.

Everybody should watch it at some point.

9 pos 9+ out of 10

Le Mans 66 (aka Ford v Ferrari) - 9/10

Great performance by Christian Bale in this as the opinionated and not afraid of letting anyone else know it but somehow still likeable Ken Miles. Have zero interest in motor sports but the racing scenes were fantastic.

Zulu  6.5/10

No, not the 70s version with Michael Caine- this one is a totally different type of film starring the brilliant Forrest Whitaker.

He plays a police captain  in South Africa, with his partner (Olanda Bloom) who are investigating a series of vicious 'murders' along with disappearances of black kids- which has a link to some dodgy high end  folks.

On 09/05/2020 at 23:06, Funky_Gibbon said:

Le Mans 66 (aka Ford v Ferrari) - 9/10

Great performance by Christian Bale in this as the opinionated and not afraid of letting anyone else know it but somehow still likeable Ken Miles. Have zero interest in motor sports but the racing scenes were fantastic.

Zero interest in Motor sport ??????

I must admit Even I'm not sure about that round d round stuff,

but as a confirmed 2,3,4,5 wheel (or even more) Petrol head I'm giving the film a 10/10.

Great acting through out and a special mention to Caitriona Balfe playing Ken's wife.

The race scenes have you as near enough behind the steering wheel as possible.

Me and 'Her That Should Be Obeyed' even found our selves shouting "Go on" at the overtaking scenes. 

Fully Recommended.

Ps;  Psycho Dad have you read American Psycho?

the film was good but the book is even better IMO

1 hour ago, Mr Fisk said:

Zulu  6.5/10

No, not the 70s version with Michael Caine- this one is a totally different type of film starring the brilliant Forrest Whitaker.

He plays a police captain  in South Africa, with his partner (Olanda Bloom) who are investigating a series of vicious 'murders' along with disappearances of black kids- which has a link to some dodgy high end  folks.

I watched this in error a few years ago, I thought it was the other one.

I'd also agree with the 6.5. It seems to have fell under the RADAR but well worth a look.

7 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Ps;  Psycho Dad have you read American Psycho?

the film was good but the book is even better IMO

I'm neither Psycho nor a Dad, honest!  It's actually a line from the US sitcom 'Married With Children' about a fictional TV show within the sitcom that the main character loves.

As for the book, no I haven't read it but it's on my list of those to read at some point.

Darkest Hour.

Really enjoyed this film about the first few weeks of Churchill’s leadership as Prime Minister, but I did wonder how much of it was true and how much was fiction. 

Gary Oldmam who played Winston Churchill was very good.

9/10

Fallen  7/10

An old Denzel Washington film which I re-watched on Amazon. 

A supernatural thriller that seems to be better second time around- never noticed when I first saw back in 98, but James Gandolfini was in it and what a star  he became in his own right.