Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

1917 - Good, modern version of 'All quiet on the Western front' (ish)

could anyone ever capture or want to capture the real horrors of WW1 though?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dr Dolittle - some have slated it, We couldn't fault the innocent humour that 

flowed through the film without resorting to the usual crudeness masquerading as Humour.

This is one the family can watch.

Only downside no Giant Pink Sea snail :cry:

Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood
Like Brad Pitt but here both he and DiCaprio portray fairly unlikable characters and Tarantino overdoes the retro thing. Surprised it's an oscar contender. 6/10

On 10/02/2020 at 00:25, ChrisIB said:

Once Upon a Time ... in Hollywood
Like Brad Pitt but here both he and DiCaprio portray fairly unlikable characters and Tarantino overdoes the retro thing. Surprised it's an oscar contender. 6/10

I fell asleep twice. 

Requiem for a Dream   9/10

Incredible film. Its a brutal, honest and mesmerising story of drug addiction. The acting is great by all the lead characters, but Ellyn Burnstyn is just fantastic.

1917- 7/10. Showed fairly well the horrors they went through, especially going through no man's land. Probably not one I'd watch again but worth a watch.

Bad boys for life- 8/10. A good addition and hopefully do one last one to finish it off.  

Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

I'm not their target audience, but even so it was an enjoyable hour & a half. Very Spice Girls/'girl-power'. Some genuinely shocking violent scenes. Marvellous soundtrack (apart from whichever losers ruined 'Black Betty'). While it's Margot Robbie who sucks you in as the star, the most enjoyable role fell to the oldest actress involved, Rosie Perez.
More importantly, it's funny. That's the selling point. 

Will go see it again next week. 
Edited by nikki-red

'The Gentleman'. Guy Ritchie carries on with a film very similar in style and presentation to 'Lock, Stock...' and 'Rock 'N' Rolla'. You liked them, you'll like this. Nice layers, and VERY funny.
Only issue; Michelle Dockery was perhaps slightly underused. Hugh Grant and Colin Farrell supported admirably. Bet Matthew McConaughey was rubbing his hands with glee when he read the script.

Edited by wearysmith

Beloved and I have just returned from ‘The Invisible Man’. Totally freaked her out. Really scared her. It was tense, but the kind of film you can only ever see once. 
The ‘jumps’ are the best bits, but any subsequent viewings would be diluted by knowing how it plays out.
But go-see, peeps.
Edited by nikki-red

"Greed"

Not the lol film I'd been expecting,  but kept me awake (which isn't always the case when I've enjoyed a glass or two of vino  before).   For the most part enjoyable, but didn't like the preachy bits at the end.   In summary... entertaining. 

23 hours ago, wearysmith said:
Beloved and I have just returned from ‘The Invisible Man’. Totally freaked her out. Really scared her. It was tense, but the kind of film you can only ever see once. 
The ‘jumps’ are the best bits, but any subsequent viewings would be diluted by knowing how it plays out.
But go-see, peeps.

This one I really do want to see.

Edited by nikki-red

The Invisible Man

8/10

Wasn't sure what this film would deliver but it's a good movie, fair share of jumpy moments and you really do not know what's going to happen.

Bombshell

Not what I was expecting, it has zing 8/10