Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I See You  6.5/10

Surprisingly good film which I came across whilst trying to find a movie for Sunday night.

Could be described as a thriller with a good mix of suspense- above average film and worth a watch.

Over The Top - 4/10

Post-Rocky 4 Stallone film with the kid from Flight Of The Navigator about truck driver/absent father/world class arm wrestler Sty bonding with the preppy snob of a son he's not really ever known as they go truckin' across America on mother's dying wish, ending with some world class arm-wrestling.

I may have been drunk when I started watching this. By the end I wasn't drunk enough.

Peanut Butter Falcon

Absolutely wonderful, quirky buddy / road movie about a lad with Downs Syndrome who wants to escape from his nursing home to attend wrestling school.

Great support from Bruce Dern too.

9/10

THE_PEANUT_BUTTER_FALCON_KEY_ART_V0a1.jp

Edited by alchresearch

On 04/12/2019 at 10:07, alchresearch said:

Half way through Ad Astra, but very impressed so far 7/10.

It seems to be getting panned by audiences for being boring, but I found it a decent slow burner, much in the same way as Arrival and Interstellar.

The cinematography is stunning, on a par with 2001.

Perhaps some people just want low-brow gung ho action shooters.

Saw it last night and agree it was a slow burner but well filmed and give it 6/10 as I disliked the end as it didn't make sense to me for a number of reasons, no spoilers from me though.

Jumanji- The Next Level  6.5/10

I was asked by the kids to take them to watch this at the cinema- wasn't on my radar. 

It's watchable but missing something from the first film ( Jumanji Welcome to the Jungle). Plot line is thin in this sequel hence the score. I think if they make a 3rd, which looks likely from the ending scene- they need to work on something better with the script.

Doctor Sleep  8/10

After reading the book recently I was really looking forward to this and I wasnt disappointed.

Its a great adaptation, really well acted. Suspenseful and exciting rather than  relying than jump scares. My only criticism is that after a fantastic first 2/3s, it seems to go a little bit flat towards the end, when they get to the Overlook.

Angel has fallen, 2019

Yes..during cold war in SSSR the use to make movies like that all the time, there was a pattern for movies

like that,  glorifying communist party, wise communist leaders, main antagonist  cant wait to die

for communist ideals..etc.

This is pretty much it, it would be more convenient to just get  soviet movies dubbed  the old

than filming poo like this.  

Sulla mia pelle (On my Skin)  8/10

An absolutely awful, tragic true story.
The dubbing isnt great, but the acting makes up for it.
Quite depressing but captivating too. Well worth a watch.

On My Skin: The Last Seven Days of Stefano Cucchi Poster

On 12/12/2019 at 12:51, alchresearch said:

Edited by mickey finn

On 09/12/2019 at 08:07, Mr Fisk said:

I See You  6.5/10

Surprisingly good film which I came across whilst trying to find a movie for Sunday night.

Could be described as a thriller with a good mix of suspense- above average film and worth a watch.

Was this the one with Helen Hunt? Theres another one from this year with the same title that looks awful!

I watched the HH one last night, its a decent film with just enough twists and turns to make it interesting. Helen Hunt looks a bit strange tho!

Id agree with your 6.5/10.

1 hour ago, nikki-red said:

Was this the one with Helen Hunt? Theres another one from this year with the same title that looks awful!

I watched the HH one last night, its a decent film with just enough twists and turns to make it interesting. Helen Hunt looks a bit strange tho!

Id agree with your 6.5/10.

Yes it's the one with Helen Hunt.

I didn't recognize her when first saw her in the movie- she does look different.

I'm of the view she's gone under the knife and not exactly done a good job. Shame as she was very pretty naturally, especially remember her in As Good as it Gets.

Rise of Skywalker - 7/10

There's so much I want to say about this, where it's good and where it's bad, but won't because I'd have to spoiler-tag whole paragraphs. I'll just leave one comment, entirely joke-free and only slightly spoilerish, that

Spoiler

the most emotional and moving acting in the whole movie came from the Wookie. Give that walking carpet an Oscar.