Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Pihu.

I know it defeats the object of the thread but I honestly dont know how to rate it. I dont know if I loved it or hated it.

Without revealing too much a 2 year old girl is left alone in a high rise apartment, and the film is about all the dangers this poses. There are some moments where your hearts in your mouth and I understand why some people are saying its a parents worst nightmare,

The only actual 'actor' in it is a 29 month old girl, shes adorable and obviously very intelligent for her age. My main issue with it is theres only so much acting a 2 year old can do, therefore most of it must be her genuine reactions. When shes crying, scared and distressed it must be real emotions  and that made me quite uncomfortable. Apparently it was filmed in 2 hour shoots over a month or so.

Away from the child it is quite well directed, you dont find out whats happening in one go, it becomes clear as the film goes on.
The most disturbing thing is its based on a true story.

So apologies for my lack of a rating, if anyone else does watch it Id be very interested in hearing your thoughts.

Edited by nikki-red

Night Hunter, Henry Cavill, Ben Kingsley and the gorgeous Alexandra Daddario, it was nowt special but nowt bad either, 6/10

Shaft (2019).

Lets make jokes about Shaft being a misogynistic dinosaur.

For. Two. Hours.

Oh and throw in a "I don't look like Lawrence Fishbourne" joke too.

And as advanced and powerful as guns get, none of them can penetrate the miraculous bulletproof restaurant tables that Shaft and Shaft Junior hide behind.

It doesn't contain any of the grittiness of the 2000 film this follows.

4/10

On 11/08/2019 at 19:40, mickey finn said:

Night Hunter, Henry Cavill, Ben Kingsley and the gorgeous Alexandra Daddario, it was nowt special but nowt bad either, 6/10

There's a decent film in here somewhere fighting to get out but it's buried under some shockingly bad directing, confusing plot and a protagonist who is harder to understand than Bane.

And what the hell was Fillion doing in this? Were all his scenes cut out of the film or something? There were extras that had more screen time than him.

5/10 for this confused waste of a decent cast.

Apollo 11. Excellent 2019 documentary on the first moon landing and all the build up and super ending. Quality of the photography is amazingly brought up to date and looks like it just happened last week. On Amazon Prime, 93 minutes of this breathtaking re showing of an historical event for the ages. 10/10 and then some.

21 hours ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

There's a decent film in here somewhere fighting to get out but it's buried under some shockingly bad directing, confusing plot and a protagonist who is harder to understand than Bane.

And what the hell was Fillion doing in this? Were all his scenes cut out of the film or something? There were extras that had more screen time than him.

5/10 for this confused waste of a decent cast.

Yeah Fillion is a cracking actor, what a waste.

Overlord. Decent concept not done very well I'm afraid. Forgettable performances and pedestrian script. Castle wolfestein and drakes fortune did the whole zombie Nazi thing much much better on a games console.. 4/10

The Meg. A syfy level concept done fairly well. Shirebrook's finest Jason Statham brings a bit of star quality (albeit without much acting) and large amount of Chinese funding shows through. If you watch it expecting Jaws you'll be disappointed but its better than say, anaconda. It's probably better than sharknado but I haven't watched it. Take it for it is. 6/10

Aquaman. The ever-rugged Jason momoa and the poor man's Scarlett Johansson that is amber heard plod through this super heros by numbers origin thing. Lots of flashing lights and nice special effects but a cheesy plot (and a cheesy "I'm gonna build summat" montage - who does those anymore?) and long run time see this go belly up way before the credits. Spoiler - there's a twist in the credits you'll never guess*. 4/10

*You will guess the spoiler with about an hour of the film left.

Fantastic beasts: the crimes of grindelwald. The weekend just kept giving. Harry potter spin off set in the 20s where johnny depp has a funny eye and posh people point sticks at each other (apart from the clueless fat lad). Lots of fantastic beasts and special effects but I neither knew or cared what was going on. Excessive mumbling too. What is it with eddie redmayne? Don't get it. 2/10

Only just got around to watching  Robin Hood (2018) such a bad script, costumes, continuity errors and topped off with a bizarre plot.

Edited by steve68

Tully.

Was very dull, I managed to fast forward through the twist at the end...

Hobbs and Shaw - the next Oscar winners for sure - as expected 7.5/10

Aquaman - 4 out of 10 ,poor

Just got a Netflix account for holiday property - 

so The Duel - not bad 6.5/10 for a western.

Ridiculous 6  - my OH laughed her head off at parts of this. Completely goofball Adam Sandler 6/10

JIgsaw - as expected 6.5/10

Geralds game - genuinely only watched it for Carla Gugino,weird plot but 6.5/10

Bird B0x - Sandar Bullock - rather interesting film 7.5/10

WInd River - first time ever had an issue with hard to hear diologue - but  a good film - 7.5/10

He's out there - different for a scary thriller - 6.5/10