Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

On 21/07/2019 at 12:58, mickey finn said:

Mile 22, ultra shouty Marky Mark Wahlberg, overacting John Malkovich and manly Y chromosome Ronda Rousey can do nothing to lift this poor mans Sicario out of the gutter....1/10

I only watched 10 minutes of that tripe and "click".

14 hours ago, Ontarian1981 said:

I only watched 10 minutes of that tripe and "click".

I'd rank it as one of the worst films I've ever seen.

A murder mystery. Jennifer Aniston (playing Rachael from friends) and Adam Sandler (playing Adam sandler) find themselves involved in a murder(s) mystery which (SPOILER)  they solve whilst finding out a bit about themselves as well. Not as awful as it sounds but the two leads had decent chemistry and (very oddly cast) supporting cast did enough. Ok sunday afternoon fodder. 6/10

On 09/05/2019 at 19:51, Mister M said:

Possum 7/10

A really weird film - a sort of cross between a Public Information Film from the 1970s, The Babadook, and Cronenberg's Spider.

The production design, soundtrack (by The BBC's Radiophonic Workshop!), and acting are out of this world. It's not bloody or violent, but it really creeped me out. The only downside is that it's very slow moving.

A very strange flick indeed, Sean Harris is becoming the king of screen weirdos.

On 20/05/2019 at 07:57, Mr Fisk said:

Brightburn 7.5/10

A take on Superman- baby crash lands on earth, gets adopted by infertile couple, grows up on farm- and learns that he is not like mankind.. but that is where the similarities with the Man of Steel end.

Then it takes a hard left turn and the movie is really on its own- sinister!

Watched Avengers Endgame for the first time yesterday and noticed the lad that plays the lead in Brightburn is also in Avengers Endgame as a young Ant Man.

The dark tower.  Some other dimension war spilling over, a psychic kid, a gunslinger, blah blah I forgot most of it as I watched it. Tosh. 1/10

The Body (El Cuerpo)   7/10

I really enjoyed this. Its well scripted with a great storyline, while it never gets massively exciting it was tense enough all the way through to keep me interested, and I genuinely didnt see the ending coming.

El Cuerpo/The Body

The Red Sea Diving Resort - 7/10

True story of the Mossad operation running a hotel beach resort on the coast of Sudan as a front via which they smuggled thousands of Sudanese Jews out of the country.

20 hours ago, nikki-red said:

The Body (El Cuerpo)   7/10

I really enjoyed this. Its well scripted with a great storyline, while it never gets massively exciting it was tense enough all the way through to keep me interested, and I genuinely didnt see the ending coming.

El Cuerpo/The Body

The Korean version is good- titled The Vanished.

If you liked The Body then I recommend another good Spanish thriller- The Invisible Guest.

4 minutes ago, Mr Fisk said:

If you liked The Body then I recommend another good Spanish thriller- The Invisible Guest.

I started watching The Invisible Guest last night but fell asleep. No reflection on the film I just started it much too late!

Will give it another go soon.

On 04/08/2019 at 17:19, Mr Fisk said:

The Invisible Guest   8.5/10

What a great film! I really liked the way they act out every possible scenario. Its very clever, with more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing :) 
I did twig what what going on, but not till really close to the end.

Great thriller, really enjoyed it.

On 06/08/2019 at 22:59, nikki-red said:

The Invisible Guest   8.5/10

What a great film! I really liked the way they act out every possible scenario. Its very clever, with more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing :) 
I did twig what what going on, but not till really close to the end.

Great thriller, really enjoyed it.

Yeah the ending part had me too when I first saw it- some good Spanish films out there so keep looking.