Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Girl in the Box  7.5/10

The shocking true story of Colleen Stan, who was kidnapped in America in 1977.

To say its obviously a made-for-tv movie its well written and very well acted.  They did a great job of telling an awful story.

Really compelling and tense.

Anna - a very decent 7.5/10

Almost a remake of Red Sparrow but with a more understandable plot, couple of great fight scenes & a bit less nudity (but still some!)

Alita Battle Angel...cracking special effects...8/10

BlacKkKlansman...funny, unsettling, brilliantly acted with a very sad ending made up of vile racist real life video footage....9.5/10

Brightburn, the idea of an evil superman, liked this, the ending also gave us a couple more evil characters with special powers so hopefully a follow up movie coming up soon...7.5/10

On 22/05/2019 at 12:25, tinfoilhat said:

Upgrade. Another dystopian future job involving putting technology into humans. Pretty much an unknown cast apart from Logan Marshall green who I'm sure I've seen somewhere. Well paced, not over long, but quirky enough. I read somewhere as it being like a feature length Black Mirror and I would agree with that 8/10

I really enjoyed Upgrade, I remember  see Logan Marshall Green in Prometheus and thinking he was a cut price Tom Hardy lookalike but he is brilliant in Upgrade, odd how the movie sort of mirrors Venom with Tom Hardy, both getting their powers from a symbiotic inside them...8.5/10

Shaft (2019) - 8/10

The first Samuel L. Jackson 'Shaft' movie took itself a little too seriously. The Netflix sequel is a lot more fun and all the better for it.

Spiderman Far from Home  7/10

There is a lot of SFX in this movie- pretty much dominated by it which I am not keen on.

However it is very good, Tom Holland is a good Spiderman as carries it off as the comic book version was.

The added humour from supporting actors, especially John Favareau makes the movie more enjoyable.

On 25/06/2019 at 14:57, OhhEnnEmm said:

Bohemian Rhapsody - 8.5/10

I've  just watched this and I thought it was good but the only thing that let it down was the costumes and cheap wigs.

It looked as though most of them were off to a fancy dress party.

If you're  going to spend thousands making a film why have the actors walking about in cheap comical  wigs?  They could have bought some better ones or even had the actors grow their own.

Alison.   10/10

Its a documentary but its about as horrific as it gets.

Absolutely unbelievable story.

Shocking, heart wrenching and inspiring, possibly one of the most powerful things Ive ever seen. Gave me goosebumps and made me want to cry pretty much all the way through.

If you dont believe in miracles this may well change your mind.

On 08/07/2019 at 20:17, xxALxx said:

Anna - a very decent 7.5/10

Almost a remake of Red Sparrow but with a more understandable plot, couple of great fight scenes & a bit less nudity (but still some!)

This got pretty bad reviews, with critics saying that it was a basically a weak remake with nothing special going on, multiple timeline jumps and a rather confused plot...

Rocketman. 8/10

I went into this expecting a rushed biopic hanging off the coat-tails of the Queen one.

But it was far better than I expected.  A couple of the scenes were a bit "Mama Mia" in the way they shoehorned songs as a song and dance number, but it worked.

The comparison pictures of the actors and real photos at the End were amazing, especially the side by side of little Elton at the piano.

Mile 22, ultra shouty Marky Mark Wahlberg, overacting John Malkovich and manly Y chromosome Ronda Rousey can do nothing to lift this poor mans Sicario out of the gutter....1/10

Doomsday. Confession time, I didn't finish this because it was so so so awful I turned it off. I'd say it was a poor man's escape from new York set in Glasgow but filmed in South Africa, or perhaps a two hour Duran Duran video but that would be over selling it. Up there with the worst films I've ever tried, even with an embarrassed bob Hoskins in it. 0/10