Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Avengers endgame 8/10 - enjoyable with plenty of action and send offs for some of the main characters. 

Avengers Endgame - 3/10.

What a po-faced, flabby, rerun of a film and pathetic, plot-hole ridden excuse for a "finale".

Even Thanos looked bored to tears by it all by the end, and came off as the most sympathetic character of the lot.  Turns out he did the cinema a massive favour by snapping half the avengers out of existence the first time round, I can't help feeling he really should have finished the job properly there and then.

Compared to all other films in the franchise, particularly masterpiece that is Thor:Ragnarok, Endgame is overblown, humourless, directionless, and filled only with a sense of its own (much lacking) importance.

Wasted money. I know nothing ever lives up to the hype, but this fell so far short of the hype it should have gone straight to Betamax.

Edited by Phanerothyme

I had the complete opposite opinion to endgame, excellent, really strong example of a marvel film.  Almost trying to fit too much in though.

The Wandering Earth (Netflix) 4/10

I watched the dubbed version last night and while the story had potential, it was let down by poor acting and the horrendous shriek of the main characters sisters voice over.

Worth a look but it won't be on my "watch again" list

Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, and Vile   8/10

Really enjoyed this, and what a performance by Zac Efron!

Theres very little in it about the actual murders, its just about Bundy , his relationships and the trial.

Zac Efron portrays him as intelligent, witty and most of all really charming which he apparently was.

Fascinating and captivating :) 

28 minutes ago, nikki-red said:

Theres very little in it about the actual murders, its just about Bundy , his relationships and the trial.

Zac Efron portrays him as intelligent, witty and most of all really charming which he apparently was.

On the list ;)

Pans Labyrinth   9/10

I was so sure that Id already seen this, but it turns out I hadnt.

What an extraordinary film. Just stunning. 

Loved it.

Edited by nikki-red

Triple Threat - 6.5/10

Martial arts action film in which Iko Uwais and Tony Jaa team up to take revenge on a group of professional assassins by thwarting their attempts to kill a Chinese billionaine who has vowed to crush a crime syndicate. Mostly English language with the occasional subtitles. Not bad but both of them have made much better films.

Avengers Endgame - 8.5/10

Pretty satisfying ending to the franchise but by no means perfect. Star Lord got the best line.

Close 6/10

A non glossy look at the PPO business.

Rapace makes it watchable as the bodyguard (based on real person Jacquie Davis).

On 03/05/2019 at 13:05, nikki-red said:

Watched it last night, agree with all you said, must add I loved John Malkovich as the judge.

Red Riding. The Year of Our Lord 74/80/83     8/10

A trilogy of films made in 2009 but set in '74, '80 and '83.

Bleak, gritty, violent and really well written and acted.

Set in Yorkshire you could almost guess all the actors before you even started watching :) 

Snowpiercer. “It’s got him out of captain America in it”. “Go on then.”  Imagine polar express, crossed with judge dredd, crossed with day after tomorrow, crossed with - wait for it - acorn antiques, crossed with about a kilo of crack. A pretty depressing ending but far from obvious. 7/10