Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Shazam 8/10

Fun..a bit cheesy but worth a trip to the cinema.

It Follows 6/10

Looks fantastic - really good use of locations; feels totally off kilter and timeless it also has a brilliant score. Lead actress is compelling. 

Story is a bit of a let down, and the finale in the swimming baths is daft. Pity.

Magnificent Seven , the new one .  If you've never seen the original ,not bad 7/ 10 . If you've seen the original 4/10

Us  9/10

I loved this. Its creepy, weird, funny, scary well acted and violent. Most of all it makes you think.

The main twist makes you question everything youve been thinking for the entire film.

It does leave you with a lot of unanswered questions but in my opinion that was part of its appeal.

23 hours ago, nikki-red said:

Us  9/10

I loved this. Its creepy, weird, funny, scary well acted and violent. Most of all it makes you think.

The main twist makes you question everything youve been thinking for the entire film.

It does leave you with a lot of unanswered questions but in my opinion that was part of its appeal.

I watched this a few days ago- it's a good film (7.5/10).

Think it probably ran a bit out of ideas and does leave unanswered questions as you stated.

Agree the ending twist was an alert!

Captain marvel 7/10- enjoyable but not the best of them.

Shazam 8/10- enjoyed this more than I expected. Cheesy in parts but I'd watch again

Tomb raider - the latest one. Cant rate it as the characters, casting, script were so awful I turned it off halfway through, it started badly and went down hill and I normally quite like Alicia vikanda. I liked the first two but this was crap.

Glass  - 7/10

Its a good film.
My problem with it and the reason I didnt rate it higher is the way they took the story. I loved the psychological side of Split and of Unbreakable. This film takes all that away and just focuses on their physical strengths as 'superheroes'.
Saying that I did enjoy it and would say its definitely worth a watch.

Edited by nikki-red

Burnt Offerings 4/10

A bit mean giving only a mediocre score. It's not a bad film as such, a good production, story, script and acting (with a stellar cast). It's just a very slow moving film; since it was made in the mid 1970s, other films which have been inspired by it have produced better (e.g. The Shining).

Nevertheless, anyone who watched it as a child will have been terrified by the grinning chauffeur of the hearse who appeared when you least expecting him! Truly hideous :shocked:

Edited by Mister M

Snowtown  -  8/10

The true story of the 'Bodies in the barrels' murders in Australia in the '90s.

I dont think 'enjoyed' is the right word. Its gritty, bleak and really quite disturbing.  It was a bit confusing in parts tho, as if the director expects the viewer to have previous knowledge of the murders.

Horrible but captivating at the same time.

Its actually prompted me to just buy a book about the case.

Edited by nikki-red

Avengers Endgame  7/10

A lot of film crammed in this 3hr epic.

Has had very positive reviews- kind of brings the Avengers story to its conclusion.

It's all about time travel and what could have been- you kind of can predict somethings.

Predestination. Thinking-mans time travel caper, which wasn't reliant on special effect whiz-bangs. Sarah Snook was superb, but the ending - which even I saw a mile off, felt a bit cackhanded. 7/10