Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Heathers. I watched this loads of times when I was a teenager and was feeling nostalgic for it so gave it another watch. Aside from the (intended) daftness of the plot I really enjoyed it. It is funny and very well-written, some of the lines still sound great, including the excellent "The football season is over, Veronica. They had nothing left to offer the school but date rapes and AIDS jokes".

A very good comment on the nastiness of high school kids to each other and an eerie foretelling of the high school massacres that followed. Also some full-on 80s outfits. It works really well as a film that was made in the 80s, in that it's totally of it's time. 8/10

Dont Hang Up   7/10

I didnt expect much from this but it was actually quite good.
Its a decent story (apart from a couple of plot holes), well acted, gory and entertaining.

Winchester  7/10

Its not scary but it is a decent ghost story. Interesting that its inspired by true events too.

I watched The Gift at the weekend, again, and it has had mixed reviews on here but I have to say, that was a brilliant ending and not one to be expected. Several twists and turns and I don't know who thought that ending up, but obviously they are slightly twisted. Well worth watching in my opinion.

Overlord - I like my horror films and this started out as a decent idea but it just didn't really get going & basically seemed to steal some plot points from elsewhere (like Aliens & even Incredible Hulk etc). Not been a good run of horror films recently. Halloween wasn't great & Hereditary was absolutely abysmal & will be straight to the 50p bins when it gets released on DVD.

White Boy Rick, based on the true story about Richard Wershe, the youngest ever FBI informant and cocaine dealer, had high hopes for this but turned out a bit of a disappointment, not even Matthew McConaughey could lift it out of the doldrums, 5/10

The Darkest Hours - surprisingly had me close to tears at some points. 8/10

Jurassic World - 7/10, a film that Pratt actually seems to look good in

The Maze Runner - The death cure. Total cliched guff from start to finish. I can't think of anything good about it. 1/10

Why did you watch it?  We watched the 1st one and realised that they were nonsense and would only get worse!

Mortal Engines - lacking in any plot or depth, but sort of fun CGI city sized violence.  4/10

3 hours ago, Cyclone said:

Why did you watch it?  We watched the 1st one and realised that they were nonsense and would only get worse!

Mortal Engines - lacking in any plot or depth, but sort of fun CGI city sized violence.  4/10

Fair comment. I've hardly been in for 3 weeks so when I did have a couple of hours to burn a film seemed a good idea. The tinfoilhat collective picked that so that it was, or sit on my own watching summat else. 

Bait  -  5/10

If you like well scripted, well acted films with great storylines and excellent special effects then this wont be for you. The same applies if you dont like shark movies or ex Home and Away actors.
But if you just fancy a bit of silly throwaway fun then give it a go.

Saw Spider-verse last night. 6/10 I'd say.

Was alright with some good comedy lines & on the whole quite enjoyable. Not that I'd know but it did seem like the writer / director would not be strangers to the odd acid trip.

Oh - and the Easter egg scene right at the end was not worth the wait.

Mortal Engines.  Far and away the worst thing I have ever seen 🙄. Managed to sit through about 45 minutes of it. Wooden "smell the fart" acting, dreadful accents. I'm giving it a minus 2!