Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Outlaw King - 8.5/10

Starts off a little slow due to the necessity of explaining the political situation of Scotland in the 14th Century but once it gets going it's pretty exciting and the final battle scene (which I believe is historically accurate unlike the one in Braveheart) is a brutal, confusing melee... just as it should be.

Bohemian Rhapsody

The mannerisms, the posture, the voice, the entire film is fantastic from start to finish. I'd happily see it again and only saw it a couple of days ago.

10/10

Watched 'Ghost Stories' on dvd last night starring Paul Whitehouse & Martin Freeman, so expected something decent, especially with all the plaudits on the box; 5 stars out 5 from this & that paper etc.

Ghost stories? What a load of ghoulies! Stuck with it until the end in the belief it would get better, more interesting, more scary but it didn't. 3/10.

I also very much enjoyed Bohemian Rhapsody, great film.

Thor - ragnorak. I think the writers at marvel high command have twigged theat Chris hemmsworth is more than a pretty boy (But those arms! Blimey!) And has got rather good comic timing and they used it very effectively, and it made a bit of change. Blanchett hammed it up nicely as well and it rattled along at a decent pace. Some good laughs, excellent effects as you'd expect. 8/10

Seven green bottles. Short 30min 70s information film, I can remember it from school assembly it's a classic.

8/10

Zoe

A story about how synthetic humans can feel and even love, and how the people they are involved with react to this concept.

Slow but interesting 7/10

Mamma Mia 2.  6/10

Not a bad sequel, not a lot happens, but some good music.

Still struggling to work out what reason Cher was there for.  Meryl Streep's cameo outshadowed her in every way.

"I know where I'm going".   1945. 

A Powell and pressburger movie.

A Love Story set in the Western Isles of Scotland during the war starring Roger Liversly  and Wendy Hillier.

A superb film that you very rarely see on TV I watched it on a box set of P&P movies I got as a bargain from Amazon.

Not a spoiler but there is a line and a look he gives her when they are stood on the steps at the ceili that is the  single most romantic thing I've ever seen in a movie.

Not a film in the sense of the title perhaps, but I watched They Shall Not Grow Old , the WW1 re-coloured film on i-player.

That is a brutal reminder of the futile horror of that war. Also a sad reminder what death and dying in war actually is (then and now).

We happened to watch I'm a Celebrity straight after , which just reinforced further how insanely lucky we are to live in our part of the world now, as opposed to situations of our great-grandfathers generation.

Kansas City, 1991, Robert Altman.

8.5/10 - Set on the eve of the election in Kansas City in the late 30s, Miranda Richardson, Harry Belafonte, Jennifer Jason Leigh and Steve Buscemi put in astonishing performances - but the real stars are the Jazz Musicians playing live on set at the Hey Hey Club.

Highly Recommended.

On 11/11/2018 at 2:48 PM, steve68 said:

Seven green bottles. Short 30min 70s information film, I can remember it from school assembly it's a classic.

8/10

Back in the day when public information films were made to terrify, rather than inform. This is the sort of thing that gave rise to Scarfolk.

Venom, Hardy is a bit rubbish and the story isn't too smart either, Riz Ahmed is also wasted in this movie 6/10.

Cardboard Gangsters, quite liked this film about a group of young lads trying to rise through the ranks of drug dealing in Dublins rough Darndale estate 8/10