Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Bladerunner 2049 8/10

A bit slow at times and lacks some of the originals atmosphere and action. A good film nonetheless and keeps you guessing at times, glad it was not the 4 hours originally planned.

Baby driver 4/10.

The music was better than the film..

Bladerunner 2049 8/10

A bit slow at times and lacks some of the originals atmosphere and action. A good film nonetheless and keeps you guessing at times, glad it was not the 4 hours originally planned.

Baby driver 4/10.

The music was better than the film..

I don't get the plaudits that Baby Driver got, its so average.

Jacob's Ladder - 8/10 - Underrated 1990 Adrian Lyne horror mystery that preceded the likes of the 6th Sense, very good.

Jacob's Ladder - 8/10 - Underrated 1990 Adrian Lyne horror mystery that preceded the likes of the 6th Sense, very good.

I started watching this way back when (and I was alone!) intending to turn it off, but it sucked me in. It was like a bad dream you can't wake up from.

7/10. We watched this at an older relative's house, he still uses an an old VCR with tapes. I vaguely remember seeing this years ago, but good luck finding it now. Danny Aiello is terrific in this.

The Resident 5/10

A new mum, neglected by her husband, starts to realise they may not be alone in their apartment.

Might not have been a bad film if the acting hadnt been so dire.

John Wick - chapter 2. Very much the same as John Wick but with a slightly European flavour. 5/10

No One Lives - 6/10 - A gang of highway kidnappers abduct a young couple who are totally not what they seem, some limited acting in a very gory horror/thriller.

Jumanji- Welcome to the Jungle 7.5/10

Took the kids to watch this on the big screen and it is a good enjoyable film.

A lot of the focus is on Dwaynne (The Rock) as expected but Kevin Hart makes the movie fun. Some good CGI and storyline was done well, bringing the game to life.

The Snowman. 6/10

Didn't fair well with critics and in particular Rotten Tomatoes who gave an average score of 13%

That's usually enough to put me off but with Scorcese in the background, I took a chance.

I can see how it could have been better, does seem rushed a little. But for us mere mortals, it's a watchable thriller.

Michael Fastbender carries the film well- which is practically a seriel killer flick based in Norway. Once you start adding up some clues it does become interesting.

I'm waiting to watch this after reading all the Harry Hole books - just wonder how fassbender plays a 6ft6 18 stone alcohol enjoying detective.

I'm waiting to watch this after reading all the Harry Hole books - just wonder how fassbender plays a 6ft6 18 stone alcohol enjoying detective.

He could only fulfil the alcohol part.

---------- Post added 03-01-2018 at 20:59 ----------

Asura: The City Of Madness - 8.5/10

Korean film about a corrupt police detective caught like a puppet between a city mayor who is also the local crime lord and a prosecutor leading a team of detectives who are trying to bring the mayor down.

Good film Funky- give it the same score.

I really like watching Korean movies and Hwang Jung-min is one of my favourite actors.

His list of of films I have seen and highly rate include:

New World

The Wailing

A Violent Prosecutor

Watched a couple of similar American " comedies" over the holiday period (Netflix). I give them both 4/10 mainly for stunts and special effects. John Wick and I Am Wrath are the titles. What a load of tripe, each film had more fatalities than Hacksaw Ridge and that was a war film.LOL

Wolves at the Door 7/10

Its not a bad film. Its based on the murders of Sharon Tate etc by the Manson Family, the names of the characters are the same as is the basic storyline, but some parts have been changed solely to suit the film.

Its also really violent and brutal, which I know the murders were, but this seems like its glorifying it, and when there are still people alive that were connected and affected by them it all feels a bit distasteful and disrespectful somehow.

The Man With The Iron Heart , 2017, 5/10

The first half of the movie is rise of Reinhard Heydrich through the SS ranks.

Second part is story of the Jan Kubis and Jozef Gabcik, story of assassination of Heydrich.

That's exactly the problem here. By trying two make 2 movies out of one, both stories are watered down and weak. Watch Operation Anthropoid from 2016 instead.