Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

I perhaps wrote in part one of this thread, but my answer is still the same - "Close encounters of the 3rd kind" was the last film I went to see at a cinema.

As an aside, the news has just confirmed that the latest Star Wars film has been released...and I've never seen any of 'em!

I did try and watch one on TV a few years ago, but soon realised that I'd absolutely no idea what it was about, so gave up!

The Last Jedi - 6.5/10

Too many faults to overlook to be considered anything more than mildly entertaining.

---------- Post added 16-12-2017 at 16:35 ----------

The Foreigner - 8/10

Pretty good revenge thriller starring Jackie Chan and Piers Brosnan about the father of a woman killed in a bomb attack by a rogue IRA cell who put pressure on an ex-terrorist turned politician to reveal who murdered his daughter.

Very little of Jackie Chan's usual choreographed fight scenes and comedic acrobatics. This is played very straight, no comedy at all, and feels quite old-school and is all the better for it IMO.

I was tempted to watch ' Mariah Carey, a Christmas Melody ' and rate that. But then I thought, No.

Where Eagles Dare 1968, 10/10, I watch this every year around Christmas along with The Warriors and Die Hard. This movie is just perfect! That scene when Eastwood holds 2x MP40 is Matrix before Matrix and John Woo dual berretas

I was tempted to watch ' Mariah Carey, a Christmas Melody ' and rate that. But then I thought, No.

Thank God, I know of people who required psychiatric treatment after merely seeing only glimpses of it. That film should be certificate 120 precluding all but one human being who has ever lived. Some clinic's in Europe use the film in assisted suicide.

Thank God, I know of people who required psychiatric treatment after merely seeing only glimpses of it. That film should be certificate 120 precluding all but one human being who has ever lived. Some clinic's in Europe use the film in assisted suicide.

I decided it wasn't worth the risk, lol:hihi:

Collateral Beauty 9.5/10

Great film, really well written and very sad. Fantastic acting from Will Smith.

The ward. Amber heard runs round an asylum in a pair of spray on jeans. Minor twist at the end, but largely guff. 3/10

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 6/10 - Enjoyed this first time around mostly for the nostalgia elements, with the surprise of these taken away on a second viewing it leaves quite a shallow film.

Better to watch the original Miss Piggy in the Muppet Movie LOL

Better to watch the original Miss Piggy in the Muppet Movie LOL

I like Miss Piggy. She's got class, lol:hihi: