Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Watched another one of my all time favourites last night , Scent Of A Woman. That speech by Al Pacino in front of the whole school, is one of the best scenes in any movie of any generation. 10/10 mostly for Pacino's acting.

Wonder 4/10

Mediocre predictable, it didn't touch me. You need to be psychologically attached to the lower level of USA culture to like this movie.

Cannibal Holocaust. 8/10

Shocking, gory, disturbing, obscene. Just a few words that actually go nowhere near describing it.

Its actually an incredible film, but definitely not for the faint hearted.

The Director was arrested and had to prove in an Italian court that it wasnt a snuff film, and that all the actors were in fact alive and well. He also had to recreate how some of the scenes were filmed.

The film was banned for a while, and the Director lost his film license for a couple of years for the cruelty and killing of real animals.

Ive wanted to watch it for ages, and Im glad I did, but Ill never watch it again.

Three Kings.

7/10

Twisty, morally ambiguous heist caper set during 'Desert Storm' with Mark Wahlberg, Ice Cube, Spike Jonze and George Clooney.

Rewatched after many years, and stands up well.

The Disaster Artist 9/10 Hugely enjoyable, both hilarious and touching. James Franco is superb as Tommy Wiseau, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get an Oscar nomination.

The man who would be king 1975. Superb film directed by John Houston and starring Michael Caine and Sean Connery as two rascally former soldiers in Victorian India who travel to an obscure part of Afghanistan to loot the country.

The man who would be king 1975. Superb film directed by John Houston and starring Michael Caine and Sean Connery as two rascally former soldiers in Victorian India who travel to an obscure part of Afghanistan to loot the country.

Enjoyed this one too,watched John Wick last night,ok if nothing else on 6/10.

Man on Fire 9/10

Denzel Washington, Dakota Fanning, Radha Mitchell, Christopher Walken

A drunk ex CIA operative gets a job as a bodyguard for a young girl in Mexico City... things go wrong so Señor Creasy gets to work!

Better Watch Out 7/10

A good Christmas comedy horror, home invasion with a twist.

Levi Miller is a great young actor.

Get Out - 7.5/10 - Horror with a bit of a twist, enjoyed this one.

---------- Post added 12-12-2017 at 22:30 ----------

Day of Anger - 6/10 - Quite a revered non Leone Spaghetti Western but I found it a little corny and lacking in character development. Decent score and always good to see Lee Van Cleef in a film.

Better Watch Out 7/10

A good Christmas comedy horror, home invasion with a twist.

Levi Miller is a great young actor.

Yes, great twist and much better than I thought it would be.

The Foreigner 8/10

Good old Jackie Chan still showing he can cut it with the best when it comes to action- whilst in his 60s!

However I did like the fact he shows he has aged and isn't going to be jumping of high buildings or doing what now would seem almost impossible given those battered bones.

Anyway, film is solid- goes back to the IRA days (sort of). Chan is a mild mannered restaurant operator who loses his daughter (in a bomb) and just wants answers. To get those answers he leaves no stone unturned..