Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

You're Next - 8/10

An extremely violent and bloody film with a few good twists. I love a good horror but even I had to look away a couple of times. I did 'enjoy' it though.

Not for the faint hearted!

War of the Planet of the Apes 7/10 - not a fan of the franchise, and were a few scenes that I thought didn't make a lot of sense, but pretty watchable overall.

---------- Post added 22-07-2017 at 09:23 ----------

Girl on the train, 10/10

Oh God, I thought that this was awful drivel. I probably rated it many pages back, something like a 4/10.

Mean Streets,early Scorsese,bit dated 6/10.

Inferno. Two rather tedious hours of tom hanks have flash backs and running around Italy. And what's the clamour for felicity jones? She's no Kate winslet, in fact she's not even a Gemma arterton - I don't get it. Bland and completely predictable. 3/10 and one of those is the cameo of Irrfan Khan - hope to see him in something with a better script.

Inferno. Two rather tedious hours of tom hanks have flash backs and running around Italy. And what's the clamour for felicity jones? She's no Kate winslet, in fact she's not even a Gemma arterton - I don't get it. Bland and completely predictable. 3/10 and one of those is the cameo of Irrfan Khan - hope to see him in something with a better script.

Never been able to see why Dan Browns awful books have become so popular and the films are not much better.

Lights Out - 4/10 - David F. Sandberg directed a decent horror short of the same name, he fails to stretch it to even a relatively short 80min film.

Beauty and the Beast (2017) - 8/10

It's a musical so if that's not your thing then you aren't going to enjoy it simply put, but if you do have a bit of a soft spot for them this is lovely, light hearted and very well done. My only main complaint is that Emma Watsons voice sounds incredibly autotuned compared to all the other characters.

I actually quite enjoyed this and was pleasantly surprised with it - a very positive 8 out of 10 from me too.

Dunkirk - 8.5/10 - Wasn't totally sold on Nolans last two films (Inception and Interstellar) after his excellent Batman trilogy but this is a return to form, an intense, bleak, no nonsense look at the Dunkirk evacuation from three different points of view, Hans Zimmer's excellent score is also worth a mention.

See it on the biggest screen you can for the full effect.

Dunkirk: 4/10 not impressed doesn't live up to the hype. would I watch it again no!! The beach scenes were not strong enough, there was supposed to be 300,000 troops waiting to be evacuated, there looked to be 3,000. Not quite old enough to remember the war but have talked to relatives in the past who do remember and were actually at Dunkirk, the film wasn't strong enough and the flotilla of small crafts sent to rescue the troops wasn't shown in the hundreds of vessels that went. To me it looks like the budget was very small, albeit it reaped in nine million on the first weekend of viewing. I was looking forward to it. Disappointing!!

Dunkirk: 4/10 not impressed doesn't live up to the hype. would I watch it again no!! The beach scenes were not strong enough, there was supposed to be 300,000 troops waiting to be evacuated, there looked to be 3,000. Not quite old enough to remember the war but have talked to relatives in the past who do remember and were actually at Dunkirk, the film wasn't strong enough and the flotilla of small crafts sent to rescue the troops wasn't shown in the hundreds of vessels that went. To me it looks like the budget was very small, albeit it reaped in nine million on the first weekend of viewing. I was looking forward to it. Disappointing!!

To be fair the film was on a fairly small scale focusing on the stories of three individuals in different circumstances during the evacuation not an epic featuring the entire thing, it did it very well.

Dunkirk 8/10. I liked the structure of 3 different narratives taking place over a week, a day and an hour respectively, and it felt uncluttered with no sentimental side stories or background to the characters. Visually stunning. Good film. We only went to see this because we had free tickets and it was the only film that wasn't likely to be overrun with kids, it's not something we would usually choose but very glad we did.

Dunkirk - 8.5/10 - Wasn't totally sold on Nolans last two films (Inception and Interstellar) after his excellent Batman trilogy but this is a return to form, an intense, bleak, no nonsense look at the Dunkirk evacuation from three different points of view, Hans Zimmer's excellent score is also worth a mention.

See it on the biggest screen you can for the full effect.

Going to see this Sunday at the showroom so will update Monday.

I would rate this at no more than 6 out of 10. I saw it an an IMAX, but despite the noise and spectacle it left me cold. There is no character development which would have added a human dimension, which is true of all of the great war films.