Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

House on the hill, -5/10 that would be minus 5,the worse movie i have ever seen although it lasted only 6 minutes before switching it off.

Treehouse-:1/10

Anabelle -:not a patch on the Conjuring at all, 3/10

Apollo 18 - 7/10

This was much better than I expected it to be. "Found footage" documentary style film. Worth giving it a look :)

The Wolf Of Wall Street - 7.5/10 - Very good but doesn't quite match Scorsese's best films.

Boy next door - exactly as you'd expect from the title. Apart from JLo looking demure - naff. 6/10

Iron Man 3 - 8/10

Best of the three Iron Man films by far, probably because it felt less of a Marvel film and more of an all-action adventure. Lots of stunning CGI and breathtaking set pieces, of course, all done with wit, flair and a clever eye for detail, but also stripped back to basics: wise-cracking action hero with (most of) the clichés averted, a few hefty plot twists and a wink or two to the 80s and 90s.

I would have taken a red pen to a few of the daft one-liners, and the villain was a bit woolly, but really those are my only niggles.

A great film that shoves the serious, frowny, moody, emo Avengers to one side and revels in its arse-kicking wit.

The Borderlands 3/10 - Very disappointing as esteemed film critic and horror aficionado Mark Kermode rated it very highly. I just thought it was rubbish.

Guardians of the Galaxy. Unspeakably awful. Great soundtrack.

Catch-up over the past few weeks:

Interstellar - 7/10, excellent in parts but 2001-esque ending was a bit 'too much', and supporting cast a bit hit-&-miss in places.

American Sniper - a generous 4, all points for Bradley Cooper's performance.

Into The Woods - a generous 5, points mostly for visuals/format and singing performances.

Exodus: Gods and Kings - 7/10, good visuals and the usual strong Bale and Kingsley performances.

Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 - 6/10, could have done better if Julianne Moore wasn't so bad/wooden in it.

Nightcrawler - 8/10, one of these mildly disturbing/bitter-tasting movies about human nature; Gyllenhall is superb, reminded very much of Gosling in Drive.

Lucy - 7/10, Besson has been there before with Nikita and ups the ante with Johanssen.

Big Hero 6 - solid 8/10. Pixar boys done good again.

I last saw RAMBO: First Blood (1982) on VHS :)

10/10

American Sniper 9/10 great !!!

The Gunman 7/10 better than I thought it would be. Never bother with critics reviews.

Best exotic Marigold 2. Just to clear my head of the guts and gore. 7/10 better than the 1st one.

Martha Marcy May Marlene - 6/10 - A young girl escapes a cult to rejoin her sisters family but is everything as it seems, decent thriller but with an unfortunate ambiguous (lazy) ending.

Haunter - 5/10 - A girl wakes every day to find herself in a continuous time loop, interesting idea but doesn't really do it justice.

Joy Division - 8/10 - Documentary about the seminal Manchester band told in chronological order with contributions from the surviving members.