Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Crímenes de familia (The Crimes that Bind)  6.5/10

Decent drama which is showing on Netflix , Spanish language.

A mother who always accepted her son can do no wrong, even when he is being charged for attempted murder of his wife- slowly realises she may have been wrong.

The Green Book.

set in 60s America, a black jazz pianist hires an ex bouncer as his driver to concerts, around some of the southern states.   A really good film, made me laugh, made me think.

9/10 for me.

2 hours ago, Ms Macbeth said:

The Green Book.

set in 60s America, a black jazz pianist hires an ex bouncer as his driver to concerts, around some of the southern states.   A really good film, made me laugh, made me think.

9/10 for me.

I concur. Great film. Went to Cineworld to see it three times on release. I'll pick up the Blu-ray eventually. 

The Owners.

One to avoid.

Nice to see Rita Tushingham again and she probably steals the limelight in what is nothing more than a hark back to the days of the old

'Hammer House Of Horror' films.

Despite good reviews the story line is poor with nothing new here at all.

While I luv nostalgia Is this the best we can do in 2020 ?

3/10 

Room.   9/10

Beautiful, heart rending story of a woman and her little boy, kept captive in a small enclosed space.

Incredible acting performances from Brie Larson, but especially from Jacob Tremblay who I think was 9 when it was made.

Room.

I agree with nikki-red about this film.    The acting was very good especially from J Tremblay.

I’ve watched a few films lately and I have been disappointed with the endings, but I enjoyed how this film ended. 

9/10

The Devil All The Time - 9/10

Great cast for this very dark gothic noir Netflix film about murder and religious fervour set in poverty-stricken middle of nowhere Ohio in the 1950s and 1960s.

Parasite - borrowed the Blu-ray last week. Very good Korean film with a good plot. Won the Oscar for best film earlier this year. Worth a look.

On 16/09/2020 at 22:52, Funky_Gibbon said:

The Devil All The Time - 9/10

Great cast for this very dark gothic noir Netflix film about murder and religious fervour set in poverty-stricken middle of nowhere Ohio in the 1950s and 1960s.

Watched this last night- as you say, a great castand  good to see Tom Holland act so well in his role, giving a glimpe of his versatility (from playing the superhero). Must add that also applies to Sebastian Stan (Winter Soldier- Marvel) and Robert Pattison (soon to play Batman).

I give the film around 8/10.

Enola Holmes - 6.5/10

Based on the young adult 'Enola Holmes Mystery' books and borrowing heavily style-wise from both the Robert Downey Jr and Benedict Cumberbatch versions of Sherlock Holmes, this isn't the most original film in the world but it's still pretty entertaining. Millie Bobby Brown is great as the title character and Henry Cavell isn't bad as Sherlock either.

28 minutes ago, Funky_Gibbon said:

Enola Holmes - 6.5/10

Based on the young adult 'Enola Holmes Mystery' books and borrowing heavily style-wise from both the Robert Downey Jr and Benedict Cumberbatch versions of Sherlock Holmes, this isn't the most original film in the world but it's still pretty entertaining. Millie Bobby Brown is great as the title character and Henry Cavell isn't bad as Sherlock either.

Hello Funky 

Me and HTSBO watched it last night.

good innocent fun with no rat a tat tat of machines (ok a few entertaining fight scenes).

Well filmed olde worlde street scenes 

Nothing to tax the brain too much.

Probably give it a little bigger score of 7 - 7.5 out of 10.

Enjoyable family entertainment.

Well worth watching.