Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Avengers Infinity War 6/10

Disappointingly far less than the sum of its parts, which were promising. Lots of great moments, set pieces, sfx, gags, stars, witty rejoinders, pathos, anguish and self-sacrifice - but all mushed together into 2h 40m of slightly bland cinematic smoothie.

The Hateful Eight, Tarantino meets Agatha Christie in bleakest Wyoming, with a "Wild Bunch" type bloodfest. Honestly, while the acting from all concerned was over the top, I think that added to the humour. Was hilarious in parts and Tim Roth plays the English Cad to perfection.Jennifer Jason Leigh was a revelation, hardly recognised her. 8/10 simply for QT thinking this one up lol

Edited by Ontarian1981

An oldie for me last night - Holes (2003), American adventure comedy-drama film set in a youth prison camp, based on the book which was subsequently popular in secondary schools.

Stars a few big names: Sigourney Weaver, Jon Voight, Patricia Arquette, Eartha Kitt, The Fonz, and Shia LaBeouf.

A little far fetched in places, a twee "everything turns out nice for everyone in the end" kind of film, but has some amusing parts. 6/10

The Hateful Eight, Tarantino meets Agatha Christie in bleakest Wyoming, with a "Wild Bunch" type bloodfest. Honestly, while the acting from all concerned was over the top, I think that added to the humour. Was hilarious in parts and Tim Roth plays the English Cad to perfection.Jennifer Jason Leigh was a revelation, hardly recognised her. 8/10 simply for QT thinking this one up lol

yeah not his best but decent enough film, watched it aaaages ago, and just actually bought the dvd as i suddenly remembered i needed it still to go with all the rest lol

Yeah - Holes is good.

Recent Golden Oldie (well not really) I watched is Napoleon Dynamite, funny early 00's flick.

Love Tarantino and The Hateful Eight

Thanks Funky Gibbon for the list, I have posted several times, but lost??

Avengers infinity war 9/10- best so far. Not the best ending but well worth watching. Glad it was done in two parts as I don't think they could of done the characters justice trying to fit it all into one film

my eldest went to see 3 films in the same day the other day apparently lol

Avengers infinity

Black panther

Rampage

my eldest went to see 3 films in the same day the other day apparently lol

Avengers infinity

Black panther

Rampage

Oh I remember those days, only ever managed 2 films in a day though

Oh I remember those days, only ever managed 2 films in a day though

In the old days at the Cinema, you always got two films for the price of one and you could stay and watch them again if you wanted

Back on topic please

The 15:17 to Paris , 9/10

And again, Clint Eastwood did it!

Three young Americans who are playing themselves in the movie about how they stopped a terrorist attack in France. One of the best movie of 2018, hands down.

Logan Lucky - lucky I'm feeling generous, so I give 4/10 Amazon Prime

The Prizewinner of Defiance, Ohio - 8/10 good film, based on a true story Netflix