Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Leatherface 5/10

Prequel to The Texas Chainsaw Massacre etc.

It was okay, a bit bizarre than someone from Eastenders was in it, and I do wonder why they bothered making it at all.

Banlieue 13 (District 13) - Seen it a few times before, but I do enjoy it. 7/10

- preposterous but enjoyable French action movie with guns, goons, drugs, nukes, parkour, and lots of punches that sound like car doors slamming. Great buddy movie too. But, yes, preposterous.

Banlieue 13 Ultimatum - the sequel - is *even* more preposterous, and even more enjoyable for it.

Expendables 3. Park your brain and get used to saying when ever a new character is introduced "blimey it's got him in it! He's looking old" and enjoy the explosions. Doesn't take itself seriously and is better for it. I thought it was ok for what it was. 6/10

Wind River. 8/10

One of the best crime thrillers I have seen in a while.

Jeremy Renner acts very well in this movie- playing a veteran hunter who helps an FBI agent to solve a bizarre murder.

Great script from the guy behind Hell or High Water-which is another very good movie on its own.

London Heist,very poor attempt at sexy beast.3/10

London Heist,very poor attempt at sexy beast.3/10

Scuse me , you’re not Mark Kermode buy any chance ?

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets Nest - 7/10 - Decent adaptation of the late Stieg Larssons 3rd book in the excellent Millennium trilogy.

Currently watching 'Savaged' (2013) on the Horror Channel. About 45%. Some of that would be for the Pontiac GTO.

The Infiltrator - 7/10 - Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston plays a US customs official who infiltrates the Meddellin drugs cartel in the 80's, based on a true story.

Blade Runner. I'd never watched this before, but I loved it. The whole landscape of the city that Ridley Scott created was so far ahead of its time and, to the best of my knowledge anyway, THE blueprint for any distopian-future film made since. Very 80s in places, but very 40s noir as well but never really felt dated. I liked the proper 80s synth soundtrack too. A classic. 9/10

---------- Post added 05-10-2017 at 23:03 ----------

The Infiltrator - 7/10 - Breaking Bad's Bryan Cranston plays a US customs official who infiltrates the Meddellin drugs cartel in the 80's, based on a true story.

I thought I'd reviewed this but I can't find it. 7/10 sounds about to right to me as well.

The insider 1999. Russell Crowe as a research chemist who wants to blow the whistle on the big tobacco companies, for who he had worked, for adding extra nicotine to their cigarettes to make them more addictive This true story with Al Pacino playing the ABC producer who is trying to get the story on TV, is compelling to watch, no sex, no violence, little swearing, but you could cut the tension with a knife. Excellent 9/10

Cult of Chucky 2/10

Dreadful. Im probably not the best person to review it tho as I hated the originals (I dont know what made me watch this one to be honest!)