Sheffield directions please.

I am going to Sheff on the X78 and can get off at either the Wicker, Waingate or Pond St interchange. I am visiting at least 2 cycle shops-Evans cycles on Queens road and Langset Cycles on Infirmary road. I want to go to the nearest cycle shop first.

Of the two X78 bus stops mentioned, which one would be the best to get off at for where I intend going first and which cycle shop is the nearest to this bus stop?

None of those stops are "near" to any of those shops.

Want to go to Langsett cycles first? Get off at Waingate and get the tram from there (yellow or blue towards Hillsborough)

Want to go to Evans Cycles first? Get off at the bus station and then go from there.

Get off at Pond Street, although neither bike shop is really close. The one on Queens road is a good 15 - 20 minute walk and Lagsett cycles is going out towards Hillsborough so is best accessed from town by Tram (Malin Bridge or Middlewood).

ok, thanks. There is probably a bus to the Queens road area?

To get to Evans Cycles first, get off the X78 at Waingate and walk up the hill I think either one or two stops, and catch the 53 (First bus). You want to get off the 53 at the big BnQ on Queens Road, Evans Cycles is across the road from this. You can catch any bus that goes from the bus-stop outside Evan's back into the city centre, or walk around the corner of Screwfix, and catch any of the busses from across the road here next to the river (47 or 48 I forget which one goes which way, or the 79). The 53 will take you back to Waingate or Flat Street as your nearest stops for the tram if this is the way that you want to get up to Langsett cycles. Alternatively, stay on the 53 back from Evans and get off at the stop nearest Shalesmoor tramstop, and just walk up Infirmary road to Langsett cycles (Infirmary rd becomes Langsett rd)

Alternatively, if you want to get a bus to Langsett cycles, you can get the 81/82 from the bottom of Snig Hill (the hill parallel to Waingate) which will take you up Langsett Road. The 57/58 from the bus station also go up Langsett Road. I think the nearest stop is the one immediately after Tesco on Infirmary road - from memory, Langsett cycles is actually halfway between the bus stops, or the tramstop at Infirmary road and the next one up towards Hillsborough - it's more of a pain to get to, basically.

If you stay on the 53 up Queens Road a little further past BnQ/Evan's then you've also got J.E James and another new cycle shop (that I can't remember the name of) just a little further on. Seperately, Edinburgh Cycle co-op is also accessable on Bradfield Road, a short walk off of the 53 route, get off at Heeley Bridge or alternatively get the 75/76 or 97/98 from Waingate and get off at the small Tesco (not the big one) near the old Abbeydale theatre on Abbeydale road - Edinburgh cycles is just behind them.

Hope this helps.

Edited by ShefStealth
mis-remembered a name

That does help-a lot, and is much appreciated. Thank you.

Thanks ShefStealth, that's great help for me too ... and I've lived in Sheffield all my life.

I am going to Sheff on the X78 and can get off at either the Wicker, Waingate or Pond St interchange. I am visiting at least 2 cycle shops-Evans cycles on Queens road and Langset Cycles on Infirmary road. I want to go to the nearest cycle shop first.

Of the two X78 bus stops mentioned, which one would be the best to get off at for where I intend going first and which cycle shop is the nearest to this bus stop?

why not cycle too them ??

why not cycle too them ??

People who are asking about public transport routes to cycle shops, I would imagine that they usually would cycle to the places that they want to get to. The fact that they're not cycling may indicate that perhaps their bike is currently broken. Alternatively, they may be going there to actually purchase a bike and will be riding it home.

Glad I could be of help :)