Wisewood/Hillsborough beware!!

Police are investigating an alleged robbery on Leake Road, near Leppings Lane, at around 2am on Sunday, 2 February 2014.

A male had personal belongings stolen by two suspects who threatened him with a knife.

The incident is believed to be part of a series of four robberies committed the same night in the Hillsborough and Wisewood areas.

Anyone who witnessed the robberies, or has any information, should call DC Chris Lewis at Snig Hill Police Station on 0114 2964040.

Does anyone here know whereabouts in Wisewood the muggings took place and what time?

Thanks.

I hope they get caught soon or pick on someone who beats them into a vegetative state. Preferably the latter.

Nothing new, me and my missus were walking down Rivelin a few years ago and a young lad that worked in the interchange came running up to us asking to use our phone to call the police, he'd also been mugged at knife point. I jumped the wall and had a scout around and saw 2 lads over the other side, gave chase and cornered them, within minutes the place was surrounded by the police and they caught them.

So then Sheffield Police, what are we going to be doing about this?

I also live in the area, and being I've just heard about this lot of scummers coming round here I'd like to know how you're spending my council tax?

I've not even heard a police car round here recently, even at night, which makes me assume all is well. Obviously not, and you lot would rather stop people fighting in Hillsborough cross than stop this, right?

Here's an idea: Let the idiots fight each other- eventually they'll stop, kill each other, or decide it's a really bad idea. Ask them if they both want a scrap and if they say yes, get on wi it lads. Another problem dealt with.

Try and protect the real people from serious stuff like this instead of becoming glorified bouncers for Weatherspoons and Players. They got em drunk, how's about they stop the fights? (And before anyone says anything, I've been HAMMERED in there after home games and NEVER been thrown out... Might've been asked politely to leave though lol, which I did). I'd rather you were using my hard earned cash for actual good, rather than just mopping up the pricks and imigrants all the time.

Just an idea, like.

Edited by lesserthan1

There are 4 youths on bikes in balaclavas on Ben Lane tonight tried to circle me and shouted abuse. Felt rather intimidated by them and I'm a big bloke. Be cRful sounds like the same group!

On a side note if your child is out in the Wisewood / Loxley area on a mountain bike of BMX with 3 of his friends... Have a word... !!

wynyard and dixon road about 2.30am i believe

Those streets are actuallly in Hillsborough, not Wisewood. I live near Dixon Rd and we've had the police round last week telling us to make sure we keep our doors locked etc.

There are 4 youths on bikes in balaclavas on Ben Lane tonight tried to circle me and shouted abuse. Felt rather intimidated by them and I'm a big bloke. Be cRful sounds like the same group!

Bloody Hell, sounds like the I.R.A.

I love this forum, it's so entertaining. If ever I'm bored (like now) I come on here to have a laugh, and I'm never disappointed.

Bloody Hell, sounds like the I.R.A.

I love this forum, it's so entertaining. If ever I'm bored (like now) I come on here to have a laugh, and I'm never disappointed.

Yeah... It'll be hilarious when they actually put someone in hospital or worse !

Just had police chopper hovering and I'm on Ben lane so hope it's related n they got some