Possibly Romanian "poor collecting"

Sorry for the vague title I didnt know what to call it. I have been in town today and I have had at least 3 women who could speak little English certainly from either the Asian subcontinent asking for money. One of them even had the ordasity to go into Subway collecting. To top it all I saw her outside chatting to someone on the mobile phone.

Has anyone else noticed them.

After 2k+ plus posts your should know what sort of a reaction such a thread would cause on the sheffield forum

hi yes they usually have a sign as well as cant talk english .

Was a bloke other week with sticks who could hardly walk all with tins

After 2k+ plus posts your should know what sort of a reaction such a thread would cause on the sheffield forum

What so we stop debating problems because of the racist fringe. I dont let racists ruin my day.

I dont let racists ruin my day.

Don't let people asking for money do it either then..............problem solved.

Sorry I'm not one of the misery guts posters on here, but do you mean there are people collecting money claiming not to have any but who clearly do? And the Romanian/Asian part is merely to identify them rather than generalising about those races being poor...just before someone else jumps in and gets the wrong end of the stick!

Don't let people asking for money do it either then..............problem solved.

Normally I wouldnt but when your having your sandwich in subway and getting acosted by her thats when it becomes a problem.

Normally I wouldnt but when your having your sandwich in subway and getting acosted by her thats when it becomes a problem.

Call the police then and tell them there are aggressive beggars,i do it when white English are begging,why would it be any different for foreigners?

Sorry I'm not one of the misery guts posters on here, but do you mean there are people collecting money claiming not to have any but who clearly do? And the Romanian/Asian part is merely to identify them rather than generalising about those races being poor...just before someone else jumps in and gets the wrong end of the stick!

absolutly its simply to help identify them thats correct and its only a problem as they are now entering shops when your eating hassling you.

Yes I don't appreciate being hassled for money - beggars or charity collectors! Fortunately I don't go into town much at the moment but I will be on my guard if I do. I expect the police will try to move them on if they are becoming a nuisance?

Call police, begging is an offence. Section 6 vagrancy act.

Call police, begging is an offence. Section 6 vagrancy act.

Yes, we do still use early 19th century legislation from Dickens' times in relation to poverty and homelessness.

Not suggesting that there should be a free-for-all on begging but it shows how little we have moved on in some ways, in 190 years