Meadowhall/old tinsley wire.What are they building there?

Does anyone know what buildings are going up where they are clearing the sites next to meadowhall overflow carpark opposite weedon street.And i think the tinsley wire site is for an ikea i think.:suspect:

Edited by gavnmel

Do you mean Weedon Street? Newhall Road is about a mile away, down by Don Valley Stadium.

Isn't one of them the Next home store that they won the planning appeal on last year?

Do you mean Weedon Street? Newhall Road is about a mile away, down by Don Valley Stadium.

Edit successful:thumbsup:

The Tinsley wire / Betafence site is where Ikea will be built if the council finally allow it!

Just lifted this of the Bowmer & Kirkland Contractors website:

Delighted to announce we will be working for British Land PLC at Meadowhall, Sheffield adding greater customer experience to the shopping destination.

The project includes building premises for Next Home and Costa Coffee and associated car parking. Starting in January 2014, the build will take 20 weeks.

Hope this helps!:)

I was hoping for IKEA:-(

Ikea going on the old Betafence site......

I thought it was the site for Ikea store to be built on.

Council want that to be built in city centre.

So that people can take their flat pack stuff home on public transport.:hihi:

Just lifted this of the Bowmer & Kirkland Contractors website:

Delighted to announce we will be working for British Land PLC at Meadowhall, Sheffield adding greater customer experience to the shopping destination.

The project includes building premises for Next Home and Costa Coffee and associated car parking. Starting in January 2014, the build will take 20 weeks.

Hope this helps!:)

Sorry but you've got the wrong site. Your information relates to the site across the road from Betafence. It's where the building work is currently taking place (next to Mercedes garage). This will be a new next home store when completed.

Edited by Paddy