"Pause it..pause it. There I am!"

This weekend I made the mistake of mentioning in passing to my friend that I was an extra in the 90s clubbing film Human Traffic. I was at uni in Cardiff at the time where it was filmed and a producer came into out student union and asked if anyone wanted to be in a film and eat as many free sandwiches as they could. Well being impoverished students naturally we jumped at the chance.

Turns out being an extra in a film is actually quite dull. We had to pretend we were hardcore clubbers even though we were clearly dressed like scruffy students. Long story short I made the final cut and can be seen looking sweaty and a bit porky (student fat yrs) dancing behind a young Danny Dyer in the club scenes.

My friends dug out the film from their DVD collection and took great delight in pausing to locate my sweaty face lurking in the background of said scenes. My claim to fame turned out to be not as cool as I thought.

So my q is; when have you been captured lurking in the background on tv, fim, sporting event etc?? ;)

I was on a beach holiday in Goa in 2003 when a Bollywood film was being filmed. I'm told by my father that a rather porky me (my default body shape) can be seeing playing volleyball in the background while some Indian Lothario woos some maiden or summat in a film who's name is now known by me. Nearly a good story, I guess.