Mulberry Tavern, re-opening 15/02/2014

'Ye olde pub with real ales' ???......Is it run by quakers or summat?

There was nothing 'ye olde' about it, however it does have 2 real ales.

The decor is modern and tasteful, I'm not complaining, just slightly baffled why they should put 'ye olde' on a banner!

Hi

Thanks for the comments. We intend to extend our range of ales. Thanks for the comments Andy. Opening days are always a little strange with such a wide sector of people coming to see what the place is like. We will be having no football hooligans. You are correct regarding downstairs, wor is now starting down there for a opening live band nice in a few weeks.

Sounds good Fiona, best of luck with the venture, its already clear plenty of thought, effort and hard work has gone into it and as long as people discover where it is again it should be a good, successfull pub.

Glad the opening day went well Fiona

Is the mulberry sign up? What ales does it sell, always been a football hooligan pub think you'll struggle to keep them out

Is the mulberry sign up? What ales does it sell, always been a football hooligan pub think you'll struggle to keep them out

Did the 'football hooligans' go in for drinks pre-match when it was running as a 'Gay/Lesbian/Trans-bar and club'?

Does re-opening as a 'Real-Ale' bar make a difference??

....so now the 'Old Skool' lads can make a bee-line for the Mulberry....How very sad....

Mulberry was always a good pub never went in the gay bar so couldn't comment for seeing any football hooligans in there, ales do make a difference on the type of pub it is guessing it sells both from what I've heard

Its just a good old fashioned City Centre drinkers pub catering for all - has your well known lagers and smoothflows along with a couple of real ales, it has a pool table and a juke box and seated areas.

Didn't mangage to get in there on Saturday or since as I've had flu but I will check it out for a pint this week. Photos look good and it's in a great spot for the O2, the thtres, bus station etc so I wish them the very best that part of town could certaily do with a nice pub/bar.

Hi Everyone, thanks for all the comments. I am sorry I am slow responding but I have yet to have internet installed at the pub.

At present we have 2 ales one of which people are loving. 2 pound a pint "Zenith". 5 percent...

We are meeting next week to set up a pool team.

We are looking at about 4 to 6 weeks for our live music venue opening downstairs but will keep you posted. We have an amazing couple sourcing bands and DJs to play there. If you are in a band or DJ and are interested please contact Simon Mark on facebook or myself.

Popped in yesterday everyone seemed friendly and looked like they were having a great time. Looking forward to St Patricks day, by the sounds of it they have a fantastic day/evening planned. Hope it does well, it is nice to have the old place back on the map in town !

Thanks Kashul glad you enjoyed it. Paddys day we have dancers in the afternoon planned and a band at night. We are now starting downstairs. If you are in a band and wish to play please contact our events managers Emma and Simon on [email protected]. They also are on facebook as mulberry cavern!!