Has Hendersons Relish changed?

Perhaps Hendo's fans should have a protest, about the taste of the "new" recipe, outside the factory. It worked when Coca Cola introduced a new recipe.

I have taken relish all over the world ,I know but I just didn`t want to be eparted from in for months at a time ................x

I hang my head in shame but this afternoon I poured my last two bottles of Relish over our garden here in Brittany! Born and bred up to 29 years of age in Sheffield it's been a staple of my life. Relatives who still live in Sheffield bring it over every year. However, as a 66 year old it doesn't taste the same, it seems to lack something. So I've changed over to Worcestershire sauce which has a definite kick to it like Henderson's did years ago.

BE :sad:

Shame on you.

I'm 63 and been away from Sheffield since '75 but still have a cupboard full of the stuff.

Current bottle was past its sell by date in March 2003 but guess what, it's still the same glorious taste.

Just dreading that they stop making it one day.

Had some last night on a lovely beef stew gorgeous it still does it for me no probs!.Your taste buds must be on the blink or something how dare you criticise Hendos its a hanging offence up our way call yourself a Sheffielder hang your head in shame!.:loopy::confused::huh:

---------- Post added 01-10-2013 at 17:42 ----------

Had some last night on a lovely beef stew gorgeous it still does it for me no probs!.Your taste buds must be on the blink or something how dare you criticise Hendos its a hanging offence up our way call yourself a Sheffielder hang your head in shame!.:loopy::confused::huh:

I used to visit Scotland every week as part of my job as a Hgv driver,I stayed overnight at Bellshill and used a pub called Capoes for my evening meal usualy Scotch broth plus a main,they looked at me gone out when I asked for Hendersons so I ended up donating them a bottle.It didn,t last long every week it dwindled away rapido I hardly saw any of it so it was popular with the Scotch drivers after they had a taste of it!.:hihi::hihi:

I think it tastes different now, but is it like the old Waggon Wheels being bigger when we were little?

Our taste does become jaded as time passes, I remember finding Victory Vs

quite hot as a youngster, not now :hihi:

Hendersons is still a favourite in our house, and always will be. If you want it

stronger (like it used to be?) leave the top off and let the vinegar evaporate

a bit.

Absolutely agree !

Wouldn't have my meat and tatty pie or stew and dumps without it.

you cant have meat & potato pie without hendersons its a shooting offence in our house to run out of it, I have taken it to relatives all over the country. try it with chips & onion gravy, lovely. my OH always puts it in bags of crisps!!!

you cant have meat & potato pie without hendersons its a shooting offence in our house to run out of it, I have taken it to relatives all over the country. try it with chips & onion gravy, lovely. my OH always puts it in bags of crisps!!!

Poached eggs with a couple of splashes of Henderson's in the water . " What a difference ".

I hang my head in shame but this afternoon I poured my last two bottles of Relish over our garden here in Brittany! Born and bred up to 29 years of age in Sheffield it's been a staple of my life. Relatives who still live in Sheffield bring it over every year. However, as a 66 year old it doesn't taste the same, it seems to lack something. So I've changed over to Worcestershire sauce which has a definite kick to it like Henderson's did years ago.

BE :sad:

You are right,it used to be very tasty but now its watery without any humph!!

I have hendersons and brown sauce on mine :|.

You are right,it used to be very tasty but now its watery without any humph!!

Disagree !

Some years ago now, as a smoker and a somewhat over indulgent participant in the libation of the elixia of the gods - in general terms - an old **** head , I found that my taste buds were shot to hell and back .

Since however, having kicked the smoking habit some years past ; but not having totally renounced the indulgences of certain of the sins , I find that what is on offer is more readily appreciated . That includes the enjoyable taste of

" Hendersons " , which I , dare I say " Relish".

I'm down to the last 1/4 of a bottle, means a trip to Sydney to get more.

I'm down to the last 1/4 of a bottle, means a trip to Sydney to get more.

That being the case ; all you moaners take note .

Hendersons must be doing the right thing - Get your taste buds checked !