Has Hendersons Relish changed?

6 minutes ago, sedith said:

Too sweet and watery for my taste, Lea and Perrins every time for me.

Hendos every time for me - Lee and Perrin's has a fishy aftertaste - very unpleasant 😥

Edited by Daven

Guest busdriver1
8 hours ago, pattricia said:

I believe that Hendos is very overrated. 

Completely agree, tried it once and could not get what all the fuss was about. Like has been said, just watered down L&P

Hendo's has definitely changed for the worst over the years. In my childhood, it was  very dark brown, slightly cloudy.   The texture of the liquid relish was thicker and a bit grainier. These days it's just thin, jet black, watery, vinegary, garlicky stuff - with no bite and minimal flavour. I still buy and use Hendo's - more out of tradition than owt else - but I'm always disappointed when I remember how nice it used to be.

On 12/22/2018 at 9:43 PM, prolific said:

with the weather getting worse, its stew and dumpling times, but i have found "Sheffield greatest sauce" 

to be watery and lack the kick it once had? my taste buds or something else 

What about Sheffields greatest towers, oh please.

58 minutes ago, FIRETHORN1 said:

Hendo's has definitely changed for the worst over the years. In my childhood, it was  very dark brown, slightly cloudy.   The texture of the liquid relish was thicker and a bit grainier. These days it's just thin, jet black, watery, vinegary, garlicky stuff - with no bite and minimal flavour. I still buy and use Hendo's - more out of tradition than owt else - but I'm always disappointed when I remember how nice it used to be.

It used to be ace, you could put one drop in an Olympic sized swimming pool and it would need a water change, these day I think they use one drop of the old stuff in an Olympic sized swimming pool and then bottle that up and sell it.