Has Hendersons Relish changed?

That being the case ; all you moaners take note .

Hendersons must be doing the right thing - Get your taste buds checked !

now available in Spain great with suet dumplin;s (thats the way to do it)whers my sangria

I hang my head in shame but this afternoon I poured my last two bottles of Relish over our garden here in Brittany! Born and bred up to 29 years of age in Sheffield it's been a staple of my life. Relatives who still live in Sheffield bring it over every year. However, as a 66 year old it doesn't taste the same, it seems to lack something. So I've changed over to Worcestershire sauce which has a definite kick to it like Henderson's did years ago.

BE :sad:

This is very true, although to be fair I've never liked Hendersons Relish, it leaves a chemical flavour in your mouth, much preferring the Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Relish. As another poster has said, it is very much a Sheffield thing, being practically unavailable outside this area tells you something!

---------- Post added 04-10-2013 at 09:52 ----------

You are right,it used to be very tasty but now its watery without any humph!!

Cunningham's Piccalilli went the same way, in my opinion it was the best Piccalilli available, now its just tasteless slop, not even made in Sheffield and to a new recipe.

Strangely enough, the nearest I have found to the old Cunninghams Piccalilli is Tesco's own make 'Mustard Piccalilli', it has that bite to it and chunky texture.

I take bottles of Hendos to Preston, Nottingham, Derby, Worthing and Kent all for non Sheffielders who have tried it whilst visiting us and love it. I still couldn't do without my Hendos and a bottle goes everywhere we have a holiday in Brittain.

Agree about the Cunninghams Piccalalli though, we are just having a go at making our own with a bit of bite.

I take bottles of Hendos to Preston, Nottingham, Derby, Worthing and Kent all for non Sheffielders who have tried it whilst visiting us and love it. I still couldn't do without my Hendos and a bottle goes everywhere we have a holiday in Brittain.

Agree about the Cunninghams Piccalalli though, we are just having a go at making our own with a bit of bite.

Every jar of Piccalilly which I have purchased , other than Cunninghams , has been full of liquid .

Because I can not find any Cunninghams I have started making my own .

I make it in the microwave - with Puuurrrfect results every time .

My brother used to bring me a bottle of Hendersons when they visited . That is , until we went into one of the more respectable shops in our town and , lo-and -behold , there was Hendersons .

All I can say is Mmmm to Hendo's it's "lovely"

I agree its delicious - meat and potato pie wouldn't be the same without it. I also like it on cheese on toast! Live in Cornwall and get my visitors to bring some down from Yorkshire every time they visit. Have to share it with my 3 children and their families though.

now available in Spain great with suet dumplin;s (thats the way to do it)whers my sangria

Really david? In spain?

......... Iv just suffered hash n dumps without relish cos i forgot to buy it last trip to sheff. Theyv never heard of it here in newark.....40 mile down A1 from sheffield.. But you can get it in soain? Humph, not fair!!!!

im running low, gonna have to visit sheff soon to stock up, although theres a shop on the main redcar shopping precinct that sells it apparently so........

Really david? In spain?

......... Iv just suffered hash n dumps without relish cos i forgot to buy it last trip to sheff. Theyv never heard of it here in newark.....40 mile down A1 from sheffield.. But you can get it in soain? Humph, not fair!!!!

Ive got a friend here who runs a local store , has his own van to bring goods in from uk. If he is in sheff area he picks acouple of cases up.We love our Hendersons.:hihi:

The Greeks in our village love the stuff< I take a couple of cases a year as gifts and they cannot wait for my return

im running low, gonna have to visit sheff soon to stock up, although theres a shop on the main redcar shopping precinct that sells it apparently so........

A shop on malton high st sells it if that's closer.

A shop on malton high st sells it if that's closer.

nah lol, further away inland i think