Does anyone know any makers of clothes in Sheffield?

Does anyone know of any British brands/companies that make clothes in Sheffield or surround area?

I'm planning a 'very British/Sheffield' themed hen do for a bride that lives in Adelaide, Australia, but is from Sheffield. I have no idea about Sheffield, hence why I am here asking you guys for advice!

Would be great to have her a Sheffield or even just UK-made outfit - any suggestions of potential companies would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and any other particularly Sheffield style food, drink, music!

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan and welcome, you should check out and post your enquiry on

Sheffield Interest Groups

Local interest groups run by forum users.

Good luck with it.

There is a clothing manufacturer opened on Rutland Road, called Drop Dead Clothing.

I wouldn't imagine that you could get clothes that are identifiably from Sheffield, so getting clothes from a Sheffield based company may nit add much value to the occassion and will cost a fair bit of money. The only thing I could think of would be to dress up as either miners or cutters? However if you were thinking of dressing up (like fancy dress) there are a few options;

A Henderson's relish bottle,

A knife/fork/spoon,

A "yorkshireman" (flat cap etc),

A Yorkshire terrier,

A white Rose,

Any character that Sean bean has played,

A snooker player.

Hope you have some ideas

Thanks all

As far as I can see, neither Drop Dead, nor Fourth City actually make their clothes in Sheffield - or even the UK. This was more my priority (sorry if I rambled a little). It's more just as a token - something British made, even, to wear and have a 'little bit of home'.

The fancy dress ideas are fantastic thanks. I'm also going to try to source a bottle of Henderson's Relish too!

Thanks for the suggestions so far, please feel free to add more if you have them!

Fantastic idea!! I'm trying to get my hands on some Yorkshire ales so that would be a perfect accompaniment!

Fantastic idea!! I'm trying to get my hands on some Yorkshire ales so that would be a perfect accompaniment!

No shortage of Sheffield brewers to choose from! Bradfield and Kelham Island for starters, plus Sheffield Brewing Company, Abbeydale Brewery. No need to go to the rest of Yorkshire:)

Thanks stifflersmom (and great name by the way!). I'm sourcing them from a fair few miles away, so it's just a case of finding someone who will ship out this far. Thanks for the recommendations though! Any particular one that you would rate above others?

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 12:29 ----------

There is Syd and Mallory

https://www.facebook.com/sydandmalloryboutique

There are a few independent designers in the Nichols Building

https://www.facebook.com/NicholsBuilding?fref=ts

Thanks - great help! I am going to enquire to see if they will send stock out to me.