2 part epoxy resin garage floor paint

Hi,

I've been having a look at garage floor paints and the 2 part epoxy resin paint looks the most hard wearing, I cant find it at the normal DIY shops and dont want the leyland stuff from screwfix as the reviews say it peels under a reaction with the tyres.

Anyone know where to pick this paint up?

look on ebay , use as directed and keep going for a lot of fresh air when using it or it will give you a headache for a month!!! due to it being a kind of industrial gloss paint, although you can get it without the solvents nowadays:)

I've used the Flag Polyurathene floor paint from ToolStation - it's pretty good.

Doesn't peel off when you dive over it, but over time it will rub off abit - I think anything will really if you're driving over it repeatedly.

Hi at Christmas we carried out work on a floor at a well known exhaust fitting company. We used Johnstones 2 part floor paint and was really pleased with the finish. It was however expensive to buy unless you have a trade account and needs a minimum of 2 coats. Also take into consideration it will need a minimum of 24 hours cure time prior to the 2nd coat and you will also waste a brush and roller per day due to it setting. Once the 2nd coat is applied there should be no traffic on the floor for a minimum of 7 days. It's a lot to take in but the finish is excellent. I've pictures to prove.

Have fun.

paul

---------- Post added 31-01-2014 at 11:06 ----------

As mentioned above about the paint wearing off. This isn't the case with 2pack paint. In fact we actually went back last week to price other works up and it's holding up extremely well and if anything a good mopping will bring it straight back to its glory

Can the public buy 2-pack stuff or is it trade only?

Yes the public can buy this product however it's around £115 for 1 gallon / 5 litres.

Thanks all, thats been helpful (especially the head ache part!) looks like ebay's going to be the best source then? No one in sheffield does it at a decent rate?

Water based is the best product. I know it's sounds. Daft but it really is.

Manor paints of Shipley.they specialize in industrial coatings.

We get it through Dulux due to account so not sure they get it for public,but worth a try,because as PandD says,it can be expensive

If you drive a car repeatedly in the same track like a domestic garage floor sooner or later it will rub off. You will never stop it end off . It will wear the concrete away never mind the paint.