Hand Car Washes - I've had enough :)

get over it you gimp.

If they are illegal immigrants they will not have a National Insurance number so will not be able to claim benefit. Illegal by definition means not legal and in so doing they are not a statistic as the authorites do not have them on record. I find it hard to believe that tax dodgers would put themselves on open display, they are more likely to do cash in hand jobs for small builders, gardening etc.

I go to the one on Queens Road (next to Halfords) and they do a very good job. I understand that they come from Iraq and many of them speak English. If, as I expect they are legitimate they have brought a service to us that was not available before. Hundreds of cars are washed in one place thus saving us from hundreds of frozen puddles on pavements and streets all over the city.

so, we send our boys out there to keep order in their country and they come over here to wash our cars something is not adding up.

i just wonder how many health and safety enviromental regulations these places are breaking?

so, we send our boys out there to keep order in their country and they come over here to wash our cars something is not adding up.

i just wonder how many health and safety enviromental regulations these places are breaking?

Am I being naive, wouldn't Heath and Safety, Enviroment Health officers, Fire and Rescue inspectors etc,etc have visited these places as they do with others? Also they have by law to dispay a Public Liability and Employee Liability certificate in order to trade.

Hey fridgeman. Have you or anyone else in this thread been to one of these places?? I think the answer might be yes!!

I agree that dues must be paid and if I have to pay them.. so does everyone else !!!!! :rant:

The problem i see building here is that this country has two sets of rules, one set for working people (Rule 1: you will be punished and taxed to death)

The other set is for lazy fiddling sods (Rule 2: we will turn a blind eye and go back to rule one)

If we didn't use these places then they would soon be out of business. I do use the one on Queens Rd, or should I say I did last year. And they gave me a great service (mini valet) for £6 I think. I have not and will not use the others for most of the reasons said above.

This thread could quite easily turn into a major rant but being the polite Sheffield people we are, i'm sure it won't LOL

Hey fridgeman. Have you or anyone else in this thread been to one of these places?? I think the answer might be yes!!I agree that dues must be paid and if I have to pay them.. so does everyone else !!!!! :rant:

The problem i see building here is that this country has two sets of rules, one set for working people (Rule 1: you will be punished and taxed to death)

The other set is for lazy fiddling sods (Rule 2: we will turn a blind eye and go back to rule one)

If we didn't use these places then they would soon be out of business. I do use the one on Queens Rd, or should I say I did last year. And they gave me a great service (mini valet) for £6 I think. I have not and will not use the others for most of the reasons said above.

This thread could quite easily turn into a major rant but being the polite Sheffield people we are, i'm sure it won't LOL

mimic, never used them and never will,why be idle and let someone else clean my cars, clean my own and keep fit and healthy.

why would this thread turn into a major rant?

The guys who work in these places must have horrible hands when they get home! All day with hot water, dtergents and then the drying effect of the cold winter air. I bet they have scabs and all kinds of skin problems, poor sods, so they must be desperate for work!

Anyway, if this 'drought' continues they'll all have to close down soon anyways as car washing will end up banned!

I would rather clean my car with a toothbrush than give these dodgy establishments any money,i for one cannot see any of these individuals paying tax or NI,unlike myself & many others.

My biggest rant is on the news we are being told we have to minimise water waste to avoid drought this year as the reserves are already very low but yet i drive past these and watch all the water dissapearing down drains just to clean a car ???????????? :rant:

yes sometimes we do need to clean them but i drive a Grand Cherokee so its not exactly small but i manage to wash it using about 5 litres of water and rinse with a single bucket by using a small jug to actually rinse without just hurling buckets full at it.

Typically from what i have seen when sat in traffic at the side of these they are using MUCH MUCH MORE than this and most of the cars are very clean when they go in.

Most of the roller style car washes at proper garages actually RECYCLE the water from a big filtered tank underneath the wash so i guess we cant really complain about their water use.

One of these i know of has 2 water supplies but only 1 is metered so i wonder which one is used for the power washers ?:mad:

Well thats my rant. SAVE WATER because we are going to be sorry later this year if not.

Jeezus!

What a load of jobsworths you lot are.

How many health & safety laws are they breaking / my shoes get wet cos I trod in a puddle. Have you heard yourselves?

I bet you're all the sort of people who trawl supermarkets looking for spillages without 'wet floor signs' on them so you can bang on about that.

Get a grip.

I don't use them by the way, I use that super-duper conveyor wash on Leppings Lane!

Jeezus!

What a load of jobsworths you lot are.

How many health & safety laws are they breaking / my shoes get wet cos I trod in a puddle. Have you heard yourselves?

I bet you're all the sort of people who trawl supermarkets looking for spillages without 'wet floor signs' on them so you can bang on about that.Get a grip.

I don't use them by the way, I use that super-duper conveyor wash on Leppings Lane!

spot on kiddo and i'm always on the look out for uneven paving slabs, that's my favorite one but then there is the weekend when i go undercover and shop all the buiders who are flouting the regulations, it's big business and a right money earner.

cannot wait for non-smoking in all public places going to have a right birthday.

must stop taking the tablets.

as NUCAD says SAVE WATER.

Well?

What do you think?

d

As you are asking I think you've got too much time on your hands and should spend your energy on doing something more useful

If you don't like them, don't use them. Which bit of that can you lot not follow?