To the increasing number of drivers who think fog lights are daytime..

A quick message here to people who believe fog lights are to be used as daytime running lights.... THEY ARE NOT!

I have noticed an increasing number of drivers in the South Yorkshire area who are driving around with their front fog lights on in perfectly normal / clear conditions.

These lights are not daytime running lights, they are there to be used ONLY when visibility is under 100 metres. All they do is dazzle and irritate other road users.

The problem is people see other drivers doing this and they copy them and the idiots multiply. The police dont seem to care about this breach of the highway code either.

Something has to be done.

I thought a fixed penalty could be issued for wrong use now, but by the amount of people i see using them wrongly maybe not ?

I see your daytime use and raise you nighttime abuse.

I'm talking about the people you see with one or BOTH headlight bulbs blown and who are now driving around using the fog lights to light their way.

To let both headlights blow and still drive in the dark is beyond stupidity.

I thought a fixed penalty could be issued for wrong use now, but by the amount of people i see using them wrongly maybe not ?

They can and do. I worked with someone who got a ticket for doing it, this was around 5 years ago but I guess he isn't the only one to get a ticket.

They can and do. I worked with someone who got a ticket for doing it, this was around 5 years ago but I guess he isn't the only one to get a ticket.

I've seen several offenders drive past police and not been pulled for it.

I suppose that's down to me having the absurd notion that police officers should actually do some police work though.

I suppose that's down to me having the absurd notion that police officers should actually do some police work though.

Same here. Seems they can't be arsed.

And then there would be a thread on SF -'Haven't the police got better things to do than pull me over for having my fog lights on'.

Damned if they do and damned if they don't really.:(

Maybe, just maybe, they were involved in something a little more critical at the time............. just a thought.

Regards

The police are worse than the fog light flouters. God only knows why they have their high beam flash on and off blinding you when they're responding to an emergency, it's not like you can't see/hear their blues and two's. :/

I had the delights of following someone on the A57 and over the snake pass last night with their rear fog lights on.

Wasn't foggy in the slightest. Rainy and dark, but that was it.

The police are worse than the fog light flouters. God only knows why they have their high beam flash on and off blinding you when they're responding to an emergency, it's not like you can't see/hear their blues and two's. :/

You would be astounded as to the number of folk who don't see or hear the blues and twos.

The thing that is ******* me off is that I have noticed a massive increase in people doing this over the past month. Its spreading like a disease.

and its also some crappy little shopping car with them on