Child car smoking ban

O'k Bonzo and charmer. Thanks for the replies. I certainly wouldn't have any sugar in a drink anyway. If I have a drink out it is usually my favorite drink which is black coffee without sugar. I will risk the caffeine.

Edited by spilldig

If you would like to volunteer for a test, I am happy to oblige. You eat Mcdonalds three times a day and I shall smoke fags three times a day. The one who gets hospitalised first gives the other £500. Deal?

I don't believe I've ever suffered from passive beef burger eating...

No matter how many burgers you eat in a car that I'm sat in, I won't consume any involuntarily.

Processed meat, especially red meat is believed to drastically shorten one life expectancy.

According to the MCd's web site ..

"We take whole cuts of beef, simply mince them and shape them into burgers. Once the beef burgers are made they are frozen straightaway, carefully packed and delivered to our restaurants where nothing is added apart from a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking."

Is that "processed" red meat? Genuine question...

O'k Bonzo and charmer. Thanks for the replies. I certainly wouldn't have any sugar in a drink anyway. If I have a drink out it is usually my favorite drink which is black coffee without sugar. I will risk the caffeine.

You're living on the edge!;)

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 16:51 ----------

I don't believe I've ever suffered from passive beef burger eating...

No matter how many burgers you eat in a car that I'm sat in, I won't consume any involuntarily.

doesn't change the face that they are worse for you than smoking, yet they're totally legal and allowed to target the children's market and advertise on tv.

---------- Post added 03-02-2014 at 16:55 ----------

According to the MCd's web site ..

"We take whole cuts of beef, simply mince them and shape them into burgers. Once the beef burgers are made they are frozen straightaway, carefully packed and delivered to our restaurants where nothing is added apart from a pinch of salt and pepper after cooking."

Is that "processed" red meat? Genuine question...

Their burgers still contain trans fats. Not as much as they used to, but they still contain a small amount.

Regardless, you eat McDonnald's enough, you'll get very ill in a short space of time.

I don't see the problem here nor a need for all the disagreements. From what I am reading the forum smokers are all in agreement with not smoking in front of children (in the car etc). My ex smokes in the car with my girls in it so for a me a ban will be ideal since the more I ask her not do this the more she seems to want to.

Their burgers still contain trans fats. Not as much as they used to, but they still contain a small amount.

Are these trans fats added to the meat or are they naturally occurring? If they're added then you need to complain about Mac D's web site ..if they're natural then it's no different to any other beef..so it's not processed which is what charmer said it was..that's the point I was making..

There is no such thing as natural trans fat.

---------- Post added 04-02-2014 at 13:58 ----------

doesn't change the face that they are worse for you than smoking, yet they're totally legal and allowed to target the children's market and advertise on tv.

I think they're advertising is strictly regulated and not very much of it is allowed at all actually.

Burgers are totally legal, and so are cigarettes, so I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make? Is it related to smoking in a car?

There is no such thing as natural trans fat.

---------- Post added 04-02-2014 at 13:58 ----------

I think they're advertising is strictly regulated and not very much of it is allowed at all actually.

Burgers are totally legal, and so are cigarettes, so I'm not really sure what point you're trying to make? Is it related to smoking in a car?

The reason I brought them up was due to a post by Lobos talking crap about smokers, generalising us as rude people who don't care for anyone's health. So I made one back.

I've just returned from dropping a parcel at the shops at Batemoor. I parked alongside a Mondeo parked with an adult woman sitting in the front and young children in the back. She was fagging it away with all the windows wound up. I went to drop my parcel off and when I returned 8/10 minutes later she was still there with the windows up with presumably another fag in her mouth. It was getting tricky to see into the car but the kids were still there. I could smell the stench from outside despite the windows being closed.

I've just returned from dropping a parcel at the shops at Batemoor. I parked alongside a Mondeo parked with an adult woman sitting in the front and young children in the back. She was fagging it away with all the windows wound up. I went to drop my parcel off and when I returned 8/10 minutes later she was still there with the windows up with presumably another fag in her mouth. It was getting tricky to see into the car but the kids were still there. I could smell the stench from outside despite the windows being closed.

Oh my god them poor kids wont live till they are 20 :(

Funny how people are said to be living FAR longer yet these are the people who grew up in smoke filled houses,work places,pubs and CARS.Very strange!!

---------- Post added 04-02-2014 at 16:26 ----------

Maybe it was the dripping sarnies :)

The reason I brought them up was due to a post by Lobos talking crap about smokers, generalising us as rude people who don't care for anyone's health. So I made one back.

Fair enough, point understood.