Work experiance placement needed

I'm looking for a work experiance placement for my daughter if anyone can help ?

You would probably get a reply or two if you were to elaborate; what does she want to do? Chimney sweep? Fishmonger? Secretary? Vet?

She is just wanting shop work , it's just for a week I've tried a few places but they won't do it .

Will they not allow her because she is under 16? If so, can the school not help her find somewhere that will take her on?

The school have said she has to do it herself, I think it's for insurance reasons that small businesses won't take her on .

Small businesses won't go near work experience I'm afraid... If the little darlings get a cut finger, Mummy & Daddy are likely to sue em for millions!!

School used to arrange all the work experience years ago but nowadays they've all on teachin em to spel proparley! :hihi:

She is just wanting shop work , it's just for a week I've tried a few places but they won't do it .

Sadly retail employers realise that 'shop work' means 'I have to do this, I don't really want to do it and I've no choice'

What's her ambitions?

My daughter has ambitions she wants to be a midwife and I'm sure will do so , this is only work experiance she can't do work experiance at jessops and she doesn't have to do it but I want her to do it so she learns about work and mixing with other people

---------- Post added 30-01-2014 at 19:44 ----------

Small businesses won't go near work experience I'm afraid... If the little darlings get a cut finger, Mummy & Daddy are likely to sue em for millions!!

School used to arrange all the work experience years ago but nowadays they've all on teachin em to spel proparley! :hihi:

Aren't you annoying

Our eldest found somewhere at an IT place which cancelled the gig before he went.

School found him something at a local kennel and cattery.

Suffice to say - he doesn't want to do that as a job.

They WILL find 'em something in the end. It just helps them if you do it instead.

My daughter has ambitions she wants to be a midwife and I'm sure will do so , this is only work experiance she can't do work experiance at jessops and she doesn't have to do it but I want her to do it so she learns about work and mixing with other people

Have you thought about contacting some of the Childrens Centres to ask if they could help? Places like the Shooters Grove centre at Stannington, they have Health visitors & Midwives working up there. They may not be able to due to the nature of the work but might be worth while enquiring.

When I did my work experience a few years ago it was at Marks & Spencer, have to tried the bigger retail stores?