Black panther cat seen saturday

Last Saturday as a visitor to Sheffield but an ex-Sheffielder I drove over and down from Stannington down into the Riveilin Valley. Crossed Rivilin Valley road and then up the hill towards Sandigate. On that road is currently road works and traffic controls and as I was stopped on red to my right in the field at the top of steep hill my eye and attention was caught by a black animal. In a split second I thought what was a black labrador what was it doing so high on a remote hill? I then realised there was no owner to be seen and I realised as I looked it was too big for a labrador .... it turned its head and was not a dog. What struck me was its sheer black colour against the green grass and it had a very long tail which "looped" and curved upwards. As the road works traffic lights turned to green I had to set off but kept looking up the hill and the car creature started bounding up the hill at pace. It bounded rather than ran like a dog ; bounded like a cheetah or big cat would bound. I was in a quandry whether to pull in and stop but because of the traffic lights other cars were to close behind to pull in.

All the way to meet my son over at Ranmoor I kept saying to myself "what have I just witnessed"!!!????

I remember reading somewhere about a big black cat sighting by two drivers on Lodge Lane about 20 years ago, not far from where you saw something.

I remember reading somewhere about a big black cat sighting by two drivers on Lodge Lane about 20 years ago, not far from where you saw something.

It must be stuffed with someone pulling it :)

It must be stuffed with someone pulling it :)

It must be :hihi:

It must be quite old by now then, which rules out any bounding. Unless ... there's more than one? :o

It must be quite old by now then, which rules out any bounding. Unless ... there's more than one? :o

There's a whole herd of them and they hunt and feed off the pack of wallabies that live a bit further up towards Strines.

Sorry,should that have been "shoal"?

Flock. :D