F1 2014 Megathread

Amazing crash from Kimi. Some brilliant wheel to wheel racing with Vettel and Alonso though. And great to see Williams get a bit of good luck, and McClaren do so well.

The bump between Gutierrez and Maldonardo was pretty spectacular:

http://www.formula1.com/news/headlines/2014/7/16057.html

Gutierrez just getting his own back with Super Maldonado Kart. :)

Time that the F1 cars went back to the old days. What's this saving fuel all about, why do the cars sound like lawn mowers.

Time to bring back the refuelling, time to let the teams run on a tyre they choose, and time to revert back to the good old V8's - let's have some action again.

Angel1.

Time that the F1 cars went back to the old days. What's this saving fuel all about, why do the cars sound like lawn mowers.

Time to bring back the refuelling, time to let the teams run on a tyre they choose, and time to revert back to the good old V8's - let's have some action again.

Angel1.

they don't sound like lawnmowers at all. its just a quitter sound.but they do need more volume.refuelling was stopped to make f1 more cost efficient and on safety grounds.the teams do get choices on tyres within reason so strategy still plays a big part.there has been no shortage of action at all, the quality of racing has not altered at all because they use v6's now.its just as exciting as it was last year. speeds are pretty much the same as last year, occasionally a bit faster. f1 has to be a catalyst for the future of road cars which is why we now have v6's with energy recovery. you have to move with times.

Good race from Lewis.

Although any other race any other time would have had a safety car with that car parked in the middle of the track.

Absolutely. To get a podium from P20, that's an amazing car. Although there were a few bumps and rubs. But as we all know from the greatest racing film of all time (!) "rubbing is racing".

I reckon Nico could have parked up for a lap and still won.

Great racing between Alonso and Ricciardo, they gave each other a challenge, respect and just enough space.

Bad luck for Masa again. Williams always seems to get cursed when they have a bit of luck. I predict Bottas won't do well on Sunday.

Lewis Hamiliton's car breaks down again in Qualifying.

Not only breaks down, catches fire.

But what a comeback. I was tempted to call him this season's Mark Webber with his glum face and moaning, and hatred of his team mate. But, unlike Webber, he can bring the car to the front from any position.

Some amazing crashes though, I love how one of the Lotuses managed to crash under the safety car!

Not only breaks down, catches fire.

But what a comeback. I was tempted to call him this season's Mark Webber with his glum face and moaning, and hatred of his team mate. But, unlike Webber, he can bring the car to the front from any position.

Some amazing crashes though, I love how one of the Lotuses managed to crash under the safety car!

And it was not Maldonado for a change.

Epic drive from Lewis and you feel he is having to do this with what seems like no help from his team. Especially that call to tell him to pull over and let Nico past said it all.

Season over in my view.

Well done Rosberg. I hope you feel comfortable at winning the championship after your antics.

Season over in my view.

Well done Rosberg. I hope you feel comfortable at winning the championship after your antics.

Difficult to know what to say after that!

It was a farce. I think they'll drop Rosberg next year even when he wins the title.

The booing saw to that.

I'm gonna to say it... Despite wanting to knock him out on the first lap, I felt a bit sorry for him after all the round ups.

It's criminal really. Hamilton is 10x the driver of Rosberg. But like you say, it's pretty much over now.

Difficult to know what to say after that!

It was a farce. I think they'll drop Rosberg next year even when he wins the title.

The booing saw to that.

I'm gonna to say it... Despite wanting to knock him out on the first lap, I felt a bit sorry for him after all the round ups.

It's criminal really. Hamilton is 10x the driver of Rosberg. But like you say, it's pretty much over now.

The FIA might look in to it especially since reports saying Rosberg could have avoided the collision but didn't. Although knowing the FIA much like FIFA will probably do nothing.

I know it sounds like a stuck record but had Lewis done that to Rosberg he would have been punished during the race.

As it stands at the moment Rosberg took out his team mate and got away with it.

Interesting race. Good to see Red Bull get some power back in their cars. Whether its a one-off or the result of some hard work during the break, I don't know. Even Ferrari did pretty well.