F1 2014 Megathread

Lewis as got it in his pocket now and a British world champion bar reliability problems now well done Lewis

Decent race that and I think the 2 turns of wing at the pitstop made the race for Lewis.

Decent race that and I think the 2 turns of wing at the pitstop made the race for Lewis.

Yeah, another good US race. Really good circuit. More action in every lap than the entire last race!

Lewis as got it in his pocket now and a British world champion bar reliability problems now well done Lewis

Well if reliability problems occur lets hope it's next race not last.

Even if he wins next race, he's still only 49 points ahead with 50 for the win at last race.

Yeah, another good US race. Really good circuit. More action in every lap than the entire last race!

Well if reliability problems occur lets hope it's next race not last.

Even if he wins next race, he's still only 49 points ahead with 50 for the win at last race.

Lewis seems to be in the zone.

Rosberg really thought he had the race win in the bag after his qualifying pace. I even thought Lewis would struggle to get the win.

Sky F1 made an observation that since the ban on team help over the radio Rosberg has struggled more during the race than Lewis.

Lewis seems to be in the zone.

Rosberg really thought he had the race win in the bag after his qualifying pace. I even thought Lewis would struggle to get the win.

Sky F1 made an observation that since the ban on team help over the radio Rosberg has struggled more during the race than Lewis.

Could be something in that.

I think as much as anything Lewis is a far better driver than Nico, and when the cars are reliable it shows every time.

-

Interesting comments from Bernie, and Eddie's response regarding the smaller clubs.

This could cause some problems. How many sponsors are going to put money into the smaller firms? What you reckon?

Looks like Jenson Button will be leaving F1 once the driver merry go round has finished.

I know he is a World Champion but he has never been a driver I have admired. Too much of a playboy in the early part of his career made a lot of teams shun him. Mostly caused by his BAR and Williams fallout. He may have had more championships to his name but I think he is a limited driver compared to others on the grid.

I wish him well in whatever he chooses to do though. Seems like he may do more triathlons.

I know he is a World Champion but he has never been a driver I have admired. Too much of a playboy in the early part of his career made a lot of teams shun him.

I feel the same. I think he spends more time doing corporates and endorsements than he should be spending with his team and car. Wasn't that why Lewis Hamilton wanted to leave?

I feel the same. I think he spends more time doing corporates and endorsements than he should be spending with his team and car. Wasn't that why Lewis Hamilton wanted to leave?

I think that the corporate and endorsements are part of the McLaren Contract s their drivers so their drivers have very little choice. As you said it was suggested that this was one of the things that unsettled Hamilton, although he may have put up with it a bit better if his car was more successful.

I think that the corporate and endorsements are part of the McLaren Contract s their drivers so their drivers have very little choice. As you said it was suggested that this was one of the things that unsettled Hamilton, although he may have put up with it a bit better if his car was more successful.

What unsettled Lewis most was not being allowed to keep the trophies he had won.

The constructor gets a trophy anyway if their driver wins a race. I don't understand why McLaren want the drivers trophies as well.

"Here is your watch and your hat but this shiny thing is coming home with us. The replica will be in the post Lewis. Cheers for getting us the win today."

I think after a few years of that I can see why Lewis wanted to go.

Edited by Bladesman

Fair bit of news over the past couple of days:

Vettel joins Ferrari finally confirmed

Bianchi is out of his Coma

Caterham to race this weekend, with a Brit at the wheel of one car

Fair bit of news over the past couple of days:

Vettel joins Ferrari finally confirmed

Bianchi is out of his Coma

Caterham to race this weekend, with a Brit at the wheel of one car

I feel sure that I heard that Bernie Ecclestone was picking up the transportation costs to allow one of the teams to carry on competing.

Predictions?

I think Rosberg will win the race, and I think Lewis will be clipped by someone or mechanical failure.

Hope I'm wrong. I want Lewis to win the title.

Also hope it's an exciting race.

We were talking about it earlier, and we both said that Lewis could do a Suzuka Prost and Senna first corner!! I doubt it though. Lewis doesn't have that I don't think. He wants to win. It's an option though :suspect:

Either way, the first corner could be very exciting.

Edited by *_ash_*

Predictions?

I think Rosberg will win the race, and I think Lewis will be clipped by someone or mechanical failure.

Hope I'm wrong. I want Lewis to win the title.

Also hope it's an exciting race.

We were talking about it earlier, and we both said that Lewis could do a Suzuka Prost and Senna first corner!! I doubt it though. Lewis doesn't have that I don't think. He wants to win. It's an option though :suspect:

Either way, the first corner could be very exciting.

Would be just his luck if that happened.

Although Lewis might just play it cool though.