F1 2014 Megathread

Good to hear your story positive ending 172-125 :)

I've seen the crash just now on a clip by a spectator close by, I think it was being hidden before.

I'm amazed that he even survived that. It was an absolutely horrendous crash, far far worse than I thought it was, when watching the TV coverage, which I can't recall showed it and rightly so (I seem to think at the time, I thought it was the Sutil crash, and didn't see the next).

I very much doubt we'll ever see this young lads driving talents again, but I hope he makes a recovery and has a life.

As much as we all argue about F1 and that, none of us ever want to see this, we just want fast action, fair and close racing. It's amazing! (probably more so for them than us having that experience) But there sometimes is that danger which can't be read. This is just a tragic accident and really really bad luck, rather than the danger of speed and skill why we watch it, and why they drive it.

Best Wishes to Jules

I would like to add my best wishes to Jules and it is a shame that this accident as over shadowed the most intelligent race that Lewis as driven as did not attempt to pass Rosberg until he had worked it all out and was content to sit and wait for two thirds of the race before working out his overtaking strategy and practice it before he made his move.

I am still not sure which one will win the title yet as they both have different strengths and weakness's and some tracks suit one more than the over but I think Lewis will end up world champion if he keeps hiss cool like he did in Japan.

Very sombre FP1 this morning. And very moving to see Jules's rebuilt car sat illuminated in the garage but won't be used

Another decent win for Lewis.

Rosberg makes a similar mistake to the ones he made in Monza.

Another decent win for Lewis.

Rosberg makes a similar mistake to the ones he made in Monza.

And that sums up the race.

Wasn't up to much was it? I didn't expect it though.

And that sums up the race.

Wasn't up to much was it? I didn't expect it though.

The GP2 race was much more exciting.

It looked like it was going to be a good race on the first few laps but then it just faded. It may have been interesting had Perreli picked the right compounds.

The GP2 race was much more exciting.

It looked like it was going to be a good race on the first few laps but then it just faded. It may have been interesting had Perreli picked the right compounds.

I don't have Sky so only watched main one. GP2 is quite under-shown/unappreciated I think. They often have really good races/battles.

-

Yes, I agree, it started off looking promising but faded quickly. Other than enjoying Vernes move on the long semi-circle, it wasn't much to shout about.

I thought, though only watched at time, that Grojeans penalty was harsh.

Very boring race. The only interesting things were the changes - drivers lining up for the anthem and meeting dignitaries. Co-incidence that this just happened to be at the Russian GP, where Putin was very active?

The most boring race i have ever seen but grinned when Ben Edwards was diplomatic calling it fairly uneventful.

In complete agreement...The Russian GP was just sooo droll....And I still cant get used to the "Duck Fart" sound of the cars....

Marussia have become the second F1 team to be placed in administration within days, leaving up to 200 jobs at risk.

Administrators FRP Advisory said the Banbury-based team would continue to operate but had already withdrawn from the forthcoming US Grand Prix.

Caterham, also based in Oxfordshire, was put in administration on Friday and will miss the US and Brazilian races.

Marussia driver Jules Bianchi remains in hospital, following a crash at the Japanese Grand Prix, on 5 October.

Bianchi sustained serious head injuries when his car was in collision with a tractor recovery vehicle.

In a statement, FRP Advisory said no redundancies have been made and all staff would be paid in full until the end of the month.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-29784602

Both Marussia and Caterham in administration.

Not good for F1 but could still lead to teams next season running 3 cars.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-29784602

Both Marussia and Caterham in administration.

Not good for F1 but could still lead to teams next season running 3 cars.

The financing between F1 teams is a disgrace. The best thing for F1 is to have 10-12 competitive and well financed teams. Bigger teams can raise finance via sponsorship/fans etc, but to see genuine teams going bust is really sad. Fewer teams with more cars will be the death of F1 IMO.

Lewis as got it in his pocket now and a British world champion bar reliability problems now well done Lewis