Godfrey 'Bongo' Bloom insults disabled student.

Looks fairly normal to me. I can see a slight resemblance, can't see it's something to be insulted by. But more importantly, what has it to do with a disability the student may or may not have?

I didn't really get the joke and have no idea why people laughed.

Terrible, someone can't make an humourous remark to a "disabled" without the lefty, tree hugging, PC crowd baying for his blood. It's these PC do-gooders that are ruining this once great country. Our soldiers died to uphold Freedom of Speech and the great unwashed want to spit on their graves.

I'm Richard Littlejohn, goodnight.

Or, as ably demonstrated by Seven Rivers, there's the good old "stick-head-in-sand" routine and just claim nothing crass was ever said, and any connection with the student being disabled and Godfrey Bloom's comment's are just being made up by the sandal-wearing, lentil-eating lefties.

It's the sandal wearing left highlighting the fact that a person is disabled, is it not? I wouldn't have even guessed he is disabled.

It's a conspiracy,everybody is anti UKIP.people are scared of them

It's a conspiracy,everybody is anti UKIP.people are scared of them

No. It's Mr Bloom being a jerk. Again.

It's the sandal wearing left highlighting the fact that a person is disabled, is it not? I wouldn't have even guessed he is disabled.

Given that Farage hasn't even read his own manifesto, ignorance does seem to be UKIP's strongest asset.

It's the sandal wearing left highlighting the fact that a person is disabled, is it not?

It was Bloom who highlighted his disability. Your job on here seems to be to lie on behalf of UKIP. Your attempts just make you look like you're unable to partake in any self-criticism just like all the other parties.

OK so can someone please explain this because I'm not sure what's offensive and what isn't any more. Who is Richard III and what was wrong with him and did the Bloom bloke say it because the bloke looked like him or because he was disabled?

It was Bloom who highlighted his disability. Your job on here seems to be to lie on behalf of UKIP. Your attempts just make you look like you're unable to partake in any self-criticism just like all the other parties.

I didn't know of this student before now. Looking at him, I wouldn't assume a disability.

But because some people have gone jumping up and down shrieking about him having a disability, now the whole world knows. It's a bit like pointing at disabled people in the street and shouting LOOK! The bloke has had it splashed across a national media outlet the fact that he is disabled. They're probably very pleased with themselves, may he forever be known as the disabled student once featured in the paper, rather than the strong upstanding independent person he comes across as, then the shriekers have achieved their goal for the sake of attacking Bloom.

---------- Post added 27-01-2014 at 17:56 ----------

OK so can someone please explain this because I'm not sure what's offensive and what isn't any more. Who is Richard III and what was wrong with him and did the Bloom bloke say it because the bloke looked like him or because he was disabled?

He was once the King (ie holding the highest office in the land).

Whilst debating at the Oxford Union, Bloom asked student David Browne (who has a disability) “ Point of order, are you Richard III or not?”.

Does this clown's crass stupidity know no bounds?

Story here - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/ukips-godfrey-bloom-mocks-disability-at-oxford-union-asks-student-david-browne-are-you-richard-iii-9087751.html

Oh boo hoo hoo! Did the nasty man say something you don't like?

Get over yourself and stop being such a cry-baby.

I didn't know of this student before now. Looking at him, I wouldn't assume a disability.

But because some people have gone jumping up and down shrieking about him having a disability, now the whole world knows. It's a bit like pointing at disabled people in the street and shouting LOOK! The bloke has had it splashed across a national media outlet the fact that he is disabled. They're probably very pleased with themselves, may he forever be known as the disabled student once featured in the paper, rather than the strong upstanding independent person he comes across as, then the shriekers have achieved their goal for the sake of attacking Bloom.

On the other hand you could just notice what the rest of us can see clearly; Godfrey Bloom is a total pillock.

On the other hand you could just notice what the rest of us can see clearly; Godfrey Bloom is a total pillock.

I agree he is a pillock, not least for interrupting with a joke that wasn't even funny, that doesn't mean I agree with people who have turned taking offence into a profession. The article says he had a drink with Bloom after, as usual the left taking more offence than the supposed victim.

Edited by SevenRivers