Stagecoach bus & tram weekly Megarider - Half price sale!

read the bit about UK bus here http://www.firstgroup.com/corporate/cr/sustainable_travel/transport_integration.php - think they are working on it

you can get the travelmaster products already on smart card (all operators) http://travelsouthyorkshire.com/smartcard/

and there are plans for the future

http://travelsouthyorkshire.com/smartcard-Coming_soon/

Do first do these card things? would save me drawing money out for weekly tickets and finding the correct change at 7 in the morning :)

First sell monthly tickets online but not on smart cards. Buy here: https://www.firstgroup.com/etickets/showticket.php?locations=26

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 18:22 ----------

Just an added thought - for kids/students travelling with Stagecoach every day it may also save money to get a half price Megarider....

Edited by Andy C

Will First accept it on the shared routes where Stagecoach (paper) passes are accepted? How?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

Will First accept it on the shared routes where Stagecoach (paper) passes are accepted? How?

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

No, the promotional tickets are Stagecoach only.

Edited by Andy C

So do you activate the smart card when it arrives so the megarider starts that day?

So do you activate the smart card when it arrives so the megarider starts that day?

I've not actually tried buying one myself but I think you pick the start date on the website when you order it.

When you order a new card you choose a start date for your megarider, but the start dates it shows take into account the delay in getting your card in the post.

If you already use a card you can choose a start date, but these dates take in to account the 3 days it could take to load your ticket on the card.

The T&C's on the leaflet say up to 3 working days to load your sale ticket onto a current card and up to 5 working days to reach you in the post if its a new card.

Just a note ... it seems if you take out the monthly payment option you're stuck with that payment date even if your ticket doesn't start for a couple of weeks afterwards. I left a safe post window after Christmas and now have the payment just the wrong side of pay day ... :(

This is a great idea for infrequent travellers such as myself..

"We are even developing Smartcards that will enable you to load cash on your Smartcard which will then be deducted each time you travel, meaning no more digging around for loose change. What's more, the Daily Price Capping feature we are working on can ensure you will never pay more than the equivalent daily ticket for the journeys you've made, meaning you can save money."

"We are even developing Smartcards that will enable you to load cash on your Smartcard which will then be deducted each time you travel, meaning no more digging around for loose change. What's more, the Daily Price Capping feature we are working on can ensure you will never pay more than the equivalent daily ticket for the journeys you've made, meaning you can save money."

Dont hold your breath

This works really well on London's Oyster system - and Oyster is credited with increasing public transport use in London. It would be great to have an equivalent system here in Sheffield and I'm sure would encourage people to use the buses and trams. (It would be even better if they could roll out Oyster nationwide, but since it's run by TfL I guess that's unlikely).

theory - great, practicality in a deregulated environment - dont hold your breath