Stagecoach bus & tram weekly Megarider - Half price sale!

For those that may be interested....

Weekly Megarider tickets purchased online between 5th & 19th February at http://www.megaridersale.com/yorkshire will be half price!

The promotional prices:

Sheffield Bus Only Megarider - reduced from £11.50 to £5.75

valid on all Stagecoach buses in Sheffield, Dronfield, Eckington and Killamarsh

Sheffield Bus & Tram Megarider - reduced from £13.50 to £6.75

valid on Supertram plus all Stagecoach buses in Sheffield, Dronfield, Eckington and Killamarsh

Sheffield Megarider Plus - reduced from £14.50 to £7.25

valid on Supertram plus all Stagecoach buses in Sheffield, Dronfield, Eckington, Killamarsh, Renishaw and Chesterfield

Megarider Gold - reduced from £19.00 to £9.50

valid on Supertram plus all Stagecoach buses in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire and Gainsborough

All promotional tickets will be fulfilled on smartcard. If you do not currently hold a Stagecoach Smart Card you will get one posted out to you when you make your first purchase.

You can register for this offer now and get an email reminder when tickets go on sale.

You can download a map of the Stagecoach Sheffield network along with timetables at http://www.stagecoachbus.com/sheffield.

Edited by Andy C

Thanks Andy I picked up a leaflet yesterday-are there any hidden catches to this. Seems a very good offer.

Looks like they are going for the oyster style cards that you top up to me, I've seen them scanning old peoples and students. Only my guess tho. This half price is to get you to sign up. I'm up for it.

Cant see the currently monthly DD users being happy with this. Oh well :D

Is this a recurring weekly thing, so unless you cancel it they will take it from you at the full price after the 19th Feb?

Also, they have made a bit of a boob with the date here, you could actually get THREE weekly tickets by buying them on the 5th, 12th and 19th :D

Looks like they are going for the oyster style cards that you top up to me, I've seen them scanning old peoples and students. Only my guess tho. This half price is to get you to sign up. I'm up for it.

So is the entire network getting an Oyster-style card then?

That'd be pretty cool :)

Be alot easier, the New system does slow things down with the soap passes using scan cards though, anything past the 90's they don't know how to work because "it wernt like it back in't Maaaa day tha knows"

Yay :D I was going to buy a monthly megarider on Friday but I will buy a weekly one instead so I can benefit from this offer, thanks OP

Cant see the currently monthly DD users being happy with this. Oh well :D

Is this a recurring weekly thing, so unless you cancel it they will take it from you at the full price after the 19th Feb?

Also, they have made a bit of a boob with the date here, you could actually get THREE weekly tickets by buying them on the 5th, 12th and 19th :D

Existing direct debit customers will have their own offer, they won't lose out.

No recurring payment, the promotional weekly tickets are one off payments. Of course if you find you like paying online and using smart tickets you may then choose to sign up to the pay monthly Megarider Xtra scheme....

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 00:10 ----------

So is the entire network getting an Oyster-style card then?

That'd be pretty cool :)

Stagecoach is rolling it out for Megarider season tickets.

---------- Post added 28-01-2014 at 00:14 ----------

Thanks Andy I picked up a leaflet yesterday-are there any hidden catches to this. Seems a very good offer.

I'm not aware of any catches other than

- must buy online via the promotional website http://www.megaridersale.com/yorkshire

- only available on smartcards, not paper tickets

- travel is with Stagecoach only

Andy, Im guessing that if dont have one of these card and you buy one on the 5th, you wouldnt actually be able to use it until they get it posted out to you (maybe not even recieved until the Saturday 8th at the latest)?

Andy, Im guessing that if dont have one of these card and you buy one on the 5th, you wouldnt actually be able to use it until they get it posted out to you (maybe not even recieved until the Saturday 8th at the latest)?

correct - you have to buy them in advance of travel.

Ah, so getting three weeks worth of travel out of them then aint gonna happen! Oh well.

Do first do these card things? would save me drawing money out for weekly tickets and finding the correct change at 7 in the morning :)