Problem with Secondary school

My son had a pair of brand new trainers taken whilst at (unnamed) school just over 2 weeks ago. These were in his bag as they were only used for PE. They have been taken from his bag whilst he left it under his desk. The person who took them replaced my sons trainers with another pair.

I asked the school to look into it, and they have got back to me saying they think the trainers were taken accidentaly but they have not been returned, neither is the person owning up to who owns the pair of trainers that were left in his bag.

The school say they cannot prove who took the shoes so we just have to write it off to a bad experience. Obviously I am not right happy about this outcome but I understand the difficulties involved.

Does anybody know what I can do next? Or are they right and we just have to learn from this mistake?

This is stealing! end of... report it to the police and then the school will have to do something about it.

Or if you don't want to be that drastic then type up a letter to the school demanding a proper investigation, who was in the class room on that particular lesson? ask for answers otherwise you will contact the police to look into it further as it is stealing and not acceptable..

More often than not the teachers know who the culprits are as its usually the same kids!

Its not acceptable for another child to steal another child's pe shoes !! the school should be more helpful , while they will never accept responsibility they have a duty of care to the child

Haha I wouldnt wish that on any dog. 11 year old lads have awfully bad feet

Thanks for the advice. I was tempted just to accept it but Im starting to wonder if I should take it further

Haha I wouldnt wish that on any dog. 11 year old lads have awfully bad feet

Thanks for the advice. I was tempted just to accept it but Im starting to wonder if I should take it further

You should definitely take it further, unless you like to pay our for new trainers!

I should of also said, when / if you type a letter, demand that a letter is sent to all the parents of every child that was in that classroom when the trainers went missing! Surely a parent would notice if their child came home with brand new trainers that they didnt buy them...

Never surrender :rant:

Report to the Police

It is theft.

No ifs or buts - it is theft and if someone gets away with this what will they steal next?

The Police could probably get lots of evidence from the trainers they left behind if they really wanted to but will they do it? Probably not.

I hate to say it but I doubt the police would be interested. My son was seriously assaulted in school, punched to the floor and the his head was used as a football and the police did nothing. The assault was caught on cctv too. The school was as useless as the police, excluding the boys in question, only to welcome them back several days later. Needless to say we withdrew our son from the school.

Write to the board of governors demanding action and ensure that you make the headteachers life difficult by constantly calling and speaking with him about the incident.

As others have said tell school you are reporting to police and ask them to claim on insurance. I did when my son had his clothes stolen whilst doing Pe, they soon paid for new uniform

As others have said tell school you are reporting to police and ask them to claim on insurance. I did when my son had his clothes stolen whilst doing Pe, they soon paid for new uniform

That is a good idea

Star Newspaper? Doubt The School Would Want bad press.

Put in a claim on the school's insurance?